Finally got a puma but problems :(

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lillnic

Hey guys I got what I thought was a good deal on my puma but it's got a few problems with it a few are easy sorted like worped breaks and needs new bushes but while driving you start it up and it takes about 5 minutes for the revs to drop and when I set of I exellerate ( mind the spelling) take take foot off the pedal the revs stay high and if I put clutch in they don't drop the revs rise I we've had a diagnostic on it and it's a air problem but not sure we're to go from here

On my old Puma when the revs kept hanging like that the rubber grommet for the accelerator cable had come loose from the bulkhead. Clipped it back in place and it sorted it

Other possibilities are hole in the vacuum pipe from the brake servo to inlet manifold. (I have one for sale if you need one)

A missing / cracked rubber nipple off the front of the inlet manifold, a broken or bad connection to the power steering sensor, the clutch switch on top of the clutch pedal coming loose or being disconnected, sticking idle control valve, sticking butterfly in the throttle body, problem with throttle position sensor.

Welcome aboard

Thanks guys I'll have a rummage under the hood see if I can see anything out of place

Latest posts

Back