Hi Guys

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marco.da.man

Hi guys, I have just acquired a silver 2000 1.7 ford puma and am after a little help if possible.
I know a lot off you might think here we go again, but I believe on making a car look its rightfull self and have pride in it

Upon checking around this car I've seen it needs a little work in following area's and any advice is most helpful

1. water washers only work now and then ? bottle seems to not be working (possible pipe split), is this common and do I access it through drivers wheel ?
2. doors open light on dash remains on even with doors shut ? is this a door card remove and clean sensors or what is needed ?
3. rust round rear arches ( arches seem to have been sprayed, but bubbling still showing) and drivers side widow pillar near middle badley rotted and trim need replacing, ?
4. rear seat belt being cut, is this an easy replace ?
5. doors and bonnet seem to be catching slightly, is there an adjust ?
6. a plug has been cut underneath ? can I just buy a pug with wire and block connect to old one ?
7. Plastic in boot looks like it needs replacing, due to cracks in it etc can this be done ?
8. for next mot it says inner and outer sills needs doing, is this a weld job or can be replaced ? if replaced how do I replace them ?
9. interior looks to have seen better days ! is it easier to replace seats for a different set or is there a temp fix anyone can suggest or anyone selling some at right price ?
10. Is it easy to add a rear spoiler or shouls I not bother ?

It might seem a lot off work, but I wanna try and get this car looking spot on, so any help is welcome thanks and any additional work you might think is worth me doing to spruce up the car

Hi Mark
That's a Sh*t load of questions!
Yes the bottle and pump is accessible through the drivers side wheel arch. Carpet off and then remove some other trim and you're there.
The doors open light is probably on because the bonnet switch is knackered. Try using something to push down the bonnet switch more than usual. I used heavy duty rubber tape and a rubber grommet around the switch.
Rear seat belts are an easy replacement if you look at what's going on with the trim panels etc.
The whole front end is adjustable on bolts so loosen and try. If the doors are catching on the bonnet it may take some time.
The plug underneath....no idea!
Boot trim, try Ian G on here.
Inner and outer sills a major problem on these cars. My best advice is take it t MOT centre and ask. The car may be ok or beyond economical repair.
For the interior bits try Ian G on here again.
Good luck
Barry

hi barry

thanks for your reply

I appreciate the help, I know they was a load of sh*t questions, but I wanted to make sure as this is my first puma and didn't know what to expect

once again I thank you for your help

Hi and welcome along but I am slightly worried by a couple of items on your list.

Not wishing to alarm you but...

items 4,5 and 7......seat belt being cut? why? and door and bonnet catching slightly, again why?.. plastic in boot cracked?

Both of those could point to a smashed/repaired car my friend, do you know for certain it is not a write off/buy back/bodge/sell on job?

hi zinc thanks for your concern, before I purchased car I did a platinum hpi check and nothing on write off or repair. This is first thing I did to make sure off this

Hi Mark
Just to clarify I said a shit load of questions rather than a load of shit questions. There is a difference :)
Barry

Latest posts

Back