Steve's Puma - Romania

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mihalyn90

Hello,

I'm Steve, 25 y/o, living currently in Romania, Oradea, with my parents, and now and then with my girlfriend... just got a hand on this little beauty:
Ford Puma from 99 with 1.7L.

Only a month passed since i got my car, but hey, all i can say is that i love it!!!

Anyway, the car is going to be a project... I want to be as stock as possible, with little mods of course... anyway the project has moved here:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=29018" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks guys,
Steve, from Romania

Hey thanks for The reply. Unfortunately this wasn't my problem... Read further as I did it.

Ok The car is getting in shapes. I have a missing light for open door dashboard warning, but really I don't care.

The problem with the dashboard lightning was the illumination. Yesterday we broke apart the steering, removed the instrument cluster and discovered the problem was due to faulty circuit. Made a little bypass and now works perfectly. I love that green... I thought it was white...

The tailgate contact plate seems to have problems now only. When I open the trunk the light doesn't make contact... It gets the positive voltage but doesn't make a ground when trunk is open. I have to investigate the contact plate as it acts as a double switch...

For now all I can say I love this car :) it's my first car :)

My gf loves it too :D the seller saw the car yesterday and he said he is missing it too but its very happy that he found a good new owner.

I still have a little dent on the right side which will be corrected later on next year...

The right side repeater doesn't come off... I will investigate that too... Anyway I was looking around but I can't find any dealer to get a pair of smoked side repeaters with international shipping. Any suggestion?

I will have to polish the headlights too. One of the clamps is broken so I can not lock the plastic cover to the holder but doesn't seem to be a big issue. Before polishing when the rain stops I will unmount the light and gave them a good wash. Next upgrade led hb3 projectors and led p21/5w lights :)

I tried changing the reading light with a new ba9s led bulb but its reversed polarity :(

But dad gave me some nice seat covers... Lovely black/blue combination...

Unlocked the wing mirror motors too. The contact switch was problematic. I need a new switch...later on to be purchased but for now its working.

Ideeas for later implementation:
Roof antenna base (a new short one)
New head unit (now rolling with vdo 4526xwhich doesn't read any audio cd I write)
New speakers (hellish job finding 5")
New interior panel texture.

I still have to lock on the side panels on the door. The owner made it with double adhesive tape... I will get some pins from eBay and give it a go.

Pictures will come later on :)
Thanks for all the support.

mihalyn90 said:
...I love this car :) it's my first car :)
My gf loves it too :D ...
E foarte conclusivă, domnule :grin:

P.S. My right side repeater hadn`t easily come off, either. And when it finally did (with a little help of my friends Mr. WD40 and Mrs. Screw Driver) it become clear that it had been disconnected at all and no bulb available (a possible after-crash misrepair) - so I pushed it back in and left it that way... As for some smoked side repeaters - I guess what follows is an option but seems it will cost you:
http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/products/product_info.mhtml?product=33345" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good luck with that - and keep up that spirit you got!

P.P.S. If you ever happen to travel round here in BG, we may exchange closer looks at our Pumas :cool: But don`t forget to upload any images as promised! :)

Hehe :))

I have lightbulbs, but still if i need to change them i don't know how easy will be to remove it :)

Yeah i am going now to refill, and go to village, i can unmount there the lights, wash them and finish with the seat covers... :)

Whohooo trunk light is working :D
Sprayed with break cleaners did The trick.

Same with mirror button.

Next things to do:
- Polish The headlights
- Trace a cable from cabin illumination right under the dashboard and put two green neons :)
- fit back the loosen door panels.

All good for now...

Guys, was cruising on 4th gear with 70km/h when I release the gas pedal I feel a little tremble with the car when falling the speed to 50km/h but as soon as I touch it it goes smooth... Any problem or is fine?

Well trunk light is off again...

Guys please help ne with two things:
- how to remove the contact plate
- what light bulb is in the headlight level adjuster?

Thank you really much

Ok here is a peek preview of my little PumPum :D

image.php

Back again...

Seems like the trunk light is something else... if i hit the carpet in the trunk near the left triple (stop light), it goes on... also my break light makes the same thing... it's not working but if i hit it it just pops on... weird...

Left heated mirror not working... doooh...

I'll check it in the weekend...

Well me back again :)

After almost a month here is my details:

The car... damn awesome... running really really nice.
After getting the car and having it for a week i had a little tiny crash... i was driving backwards and hit a piece of stone with the muffler... get it repaired and change middle->end exhaust system... we discovered that i have a MagnaFlow Competition core box... damn that is heavy... lovely sound...

Ok here is the things I've done and what i want to do:
- change cabin light with LED (6400K bright white) - DONE
- Dashboard illumination not working: - DONE
- fault: the circuit band had a broken connection right before the bulb (bypassed via soldering)
- Side air vents trembling and shaking - DONE (glued in, the clips were broken)
- dashboard had a strange vibrating noise - DONE (put in between the a pillar and dashboard a folded card)
- one clip missing on the dashboard, can not screw in one of three screws which are holding the fascia
- Right door button not working - DONE (corroded contact, cleaned it up)
- Central lock remote not working - DONE (battery + reprogramming)
- Exhaust system - WIP - middle to back has been changed, Magnaflow Core Competition box fitted already
- Headlight polish and broken clip repair (waiting for spring to come due to low temperature)
- Seat refurbishing - WIP (added some covers)
- Left and right door panel fallen - DONE (had just to put it back inside the rubber near the window and added double side for safety)
- Left door card panel's button holder broken off - DONE (glued in)
- Body paint scratches - waiting for spring
- Body panel dented - still waiting for a favorable weather to be able to work outside (unmount rear panel, push out the dent)
- rear triple on left side not working all the time - electrician work needed (perhaps January)
- trunk light not working again (driving me mad, will be done with the back triple)
- left heated mirror not working - (waiting for the electrician here too)
- exhaust flexible change and the rest till middle (with this, full exhaust change)
- bonnet doesn't sit flush - maybe wrongly mounted
- sometimes strange noise with higher speed turning to right (noise from left front side) - waiting still
- headlight leveler not light up (bulb change needed)
- check the contact plate in the rear (maybe button doesn't make contact and that is why the trunk light doesn't come on)

non mechanical things i want to do
- full interior car clean (remove carpet, wash carpet, seats, etc)
- aerial remove and closing up the gap or adding smaller aerial
- head unit change
- front speaker change
- rear speaker change plus adding sub under the actual speakers
- underdash illumination when door open (led band or green bulb) - connected to the cabin light
- underseal (only in spring, no way to do it now)
- bonnet modification (to get eyelids over the headlight) - big MAYBE
- rear bumper modification to have something like the image at the end of the post - MAYBE
- new tyres for summer (looking over for Yokohama Parada Spec-2)
- alloy wheel refurbishing
- steel wheel refurbishing

The bumper i want:

And here is the cat waiting for new numbers.
As you can see my bonnet doesn't sit flush :(

Sort of update:

- change cabin light with LED (6400K bright white)
- Dashboard illumination not working
- fault: the circuit band had a broken connection right before the bulb (bypassed via soldering)

- Side air vents trembling and shaking - (glued in, the clips were broken)
- dashboard had a strange vibrating noise - (put in between the a pillar and dashboard a folded card)
- Right door button not working - DONE (corroded contact, cleaned it up)
- Central lock remote not working - DONE (battery + reprogramming)
- Left and right door panel fallen - DONE (had just to put it back inside the rubber near the window and added double side for safety)
- Left door card panel's button holder broken off - DONE (glued in)

- headlight polish - WIP - made a reservation for tomorrow
- Exhaust system - WIP - middle to back has been changed, Magnaflow Core Competition box fitted already
- Seat refurbishing - WIP (added some covers)

- reading light change to green/white LED
- one clip missing on the dashboard, can not screw in one of three screws which are holding the fascia
- Headlight broken clip repair (waiting for spring to come due to low temperature)
- Body paint scratches - waiting for spring
- Body panel dented - still waiting for a favorable weather to be able to work outside (unmount rear panel, push out the dent)
- rear triple on left side not working all the time - electrician work needed (perhaps January)
- trunk light not working again (driving me mad, will be done with the back triple)
- left heated mirror not working - (waiting for the electrician here too)
- bonnet doesn't sit flush - maybe wrongly mounted
- sometimes strange noise with higher speed turning to right (noise from left front side) - just after start and only on second hear
- headlight leveler not light up (bulb change needed)
- check the contact plate in the rear (maybe button doesn't make contact and that is why the trunk light doesn't come on)

non mechanical things i want to do
- full interior car clean (remove carpet, wash carpet, seats, etc)
- aerial remove and closing up the gap or adding smaller aerial
- head unit change
- front speaker change
- rear speaker change plus adding sub under the actual speakers
- underdash illumination when door open (led band or green bulb) - connected to the cabin light
- underseal (only in spring, no way to do it now)
- bonnet modification (to get eyelids over the headlight) - big MAYBE
- rear bumper modification to have something like the image at the end of the post - MAYBE
- new tyres for summer (looking over for Yokohama Parada Spec-2)
- alloy wheel refurbishing
- steel wheel refurbishing

And yesterday i got some wheelcaps :) looks kinda nice, what do you think?
12370769_721169541360268_6230367486510808318_o.jpg

mihalyn90 said:
And here is the cat waiting for new numbers.
As you can see my bonnet doesn't sit flush :(

Mine was similar. If you open the bonnet and tighten, or loosen the rubber bonnet "thingies" (sorry, I can't think of an English word for them!), you can adjust how flush it sits when closed.

Yep just done that and still nothing :D I'll take a better look... here is 18:10 and already dark :))

I'll just go feed the cap (40L of petrol) :))

Oh got my headlight polished...

So next step... wash them... well well well...

12362902_722692064541349_3358903175352046065_o.jpg

Still need a little bit of cleaning but damn these looks beautiful :D

Hey thanks,

unfortunately one clip is broken so it's full of dust... next step i'll do is to wash them out and polish the lenses :D

Ohhhh today I learned that if there is a 50 limit in a curve, try to keep close... entering with 70 will most likely give you a drift... well today with a license of 1 and a half month, i managed to do a superb drift :)

Well i steered right, and the tail started coming out, slow countersteer and kept the gas as it is :) amazing little car, superb handling :D

I recognise that rear bumper/spoiler. Was a Puma I was keeping my eyes on a while back which seemed to stop being worked on for some reason.

http://www.nur-motorsport.co.uk/Ford%20Puma.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

yippeekiay said:
I recognise that rear bumper/spoiler. Was a Puma I was keeping my eyes on a while back which seemed to stop being worked on for some reason.

http://www.nur-motorsport.co.uk/Ford%20Puma.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah, all i need is a working page, or a higher resolution image from multiple angles...

Ohhhh well look:

12360331_723248901152332_194450197703787713_n.jpg

It's a piston from my old RC car :) it was a fully working one :))

I need to add barrel cleaning for the keys from right door and trunk :D

Latest posts

Back