PUMA PUMA PUMA

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigreenpants

Hi,

My name is David, I live in Bristol and here is my first puma.

RFqhI3.jpg

n3V8tM.jpg

Nice to be a part of the community.

David.

Things to sort out:

Condensation in the car coming from somewhere..

Rocker gasket needs replacing

Oil and filters change

Cambelt + water pump

Slow puncture repair

Front bumper repair

Headlights cleaned

Headlight bulbs upgrade

Sort brakes/ adjust/ upgrade

Not much hey ;)

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum.

Re: condensation in the car - check that the passenger foot-well is not wet.

I found a very cheap headlight cleaner at The Range - worked a treat - under £8

Aml

I bought the car with it on. You'd think it would protect the wheel arch from rusting but that's the only wheel arch with rust on so unsure whether it was put on prior to rust or to prevent further rust or to hide the existing rust?!

Nice first car! mine is an ongoing project to get right had rear bushes done and lower arms also quite a bit of welding done underneath so dont worry about the list of jobs that your puma needs no one wants to sell a good puma if they do your lucky,good luck with the work and welcome. :)

Thanks guys ;) it was actually the drivers floorwell that was soaked. Read up quite a bit on it on different sites. Loads of potential places it could be coming in but it hasn't happened since so I haven't bothered to investigate. Think it may have been drivers window as it doesn't go up all the way without some gentle persuasion. The list grows steadily but I love the car. Just can't understand why they don't demand more money...?!

Have you checked the rear wash wipe hose - this goes up the drivers side and can cause water in the drivers foot well; typically in Pumas the passenger foot well is flooded but that comes from the engine bay where the 2 x wires come into the car.

Another place I have noticed where water does come in (but only under very heavy rain) is through where the door mirrors are located. It is a fix for me very soon.

The rear washer hose runs up behind the dashboard and into the car behind the steering wheel. Lifting the carpet and pushing the wash wipe will confirm whether there is a water leak from the hose; else there are a couple of grommets underneath the expansion tank that can get the tiniest holes (and we are talking pin size holes) that after a lot of rain let water into the drivers side.

Also - have you seen this: http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Common_Problems_%28Puma%29

Sort of related. Another thing to be aware of is to make sure you open the boot slowly when its raining or you end up with a boot full of water as it runs off the boot lid :)

I always keep a microfibre cloth in the car to remove excess water from the boot or to shove near by the boot shocks to stop water getting into the boot.

eBay sell rubber boot trays (thats if you intend to use the boot as a boot - like I do) lol.

Lame. Went in for a front left tyre repair as was leakin air only to be told and shown that the inside of tyres have barely any tread left!! So what would have been a £15 job is now a £40 job! I've checked the right one and the same thing. What do you guys recommend?

If I remember correctly all Puma tend to have increased inner tyre wear. When I had mine tracked I told them to pull them in an extra degree and tyre wear thereafter was even.

If you have minimum tread across 75% of the tyres then your still ok to use them. If it were me and they were still ok I'd likely swap them with the rears......or cut your losses, by new tyres and sort the tracking ;)

Well I felt like I had to make the choice right then as my tyre was too low to drive the rest of the way home really so went for a new tyre in the end

Latest posts

Back