Puma project in the making

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planningoffcr

Hello all

Recently treated myself to a rather sad W reg Puma in panther black...

IMG_5352.jpg

The wing mirror was broken, so the replacement blue one is my doing!

I've driven it once since I bought it (about a fortnight ago), it's been looking like this since: :roll:

IMG_5256.jpg

When that pic was taken I'd just test fitted my single DIN stereo that I used to have in my old ka :cool: since the double din Ford unit was broken. Although you may notice I've removed the speakers, to be upgraded! The boot lid also didn't open so, I removed something that I never really thought suited the puma - the rear wiper and motor (the hole is to be welded up, for now its sealed in with some pretty cool looking duct tape) and hey presto the boot opens on its own again!

IMG_5258.jpg

Inside, the car stank of stale cigarettes, the evidence of said cigarettes were found behind the speedo surround and the heater control panel...

IMG_5496.jpg

IMG_5481.jpg

and having a cloth interior (which also turned out to be mouldy), meant it went straight to the tip in the back of Jessy my trusty Fiesta.

IMG_5469.jpg

This car has not been looked after at all :-( hoping to work my magic on it as the months go on. I picked up a new leather interior for it yesterday (not millenium edn leather.. if anyone has their front seats going, holla!) it has a few small patches of rust on the floor pan and arches so that'll be getting sorted out, then I'll be fitting various bits and bobs before the interior goes back in. Will hopefully keep you all updated when I get the free time to, I'm no mechanic so learning as I go...

Emma

Yay a fellow Emma :grin: Good to see you're getting stuck in and giving that poor cat some much needed tlc!

Welcome! Emma, if you're going to put the Millenium interior in, check out my thread from when I did the same as it is relatively easy to make them the proper grey to match the dash....

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=25398

Back