Work in progress

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roomy

Hello guys, how's it going?
Bought my puma 19 months ago now and it's safe to say I'm in love! It's 1.7 registered spring 2000 in moon dust silver. When I first got it had some serious symptoms so from the off I decided to strip down the engine and found some lovely surprises. Chipped valves, dinted pistons and rings were shot! So proceeded to build her back up with new parts all standard, now she's purring :grin:

So time to start on the cosmetics...
First thing switched out was the interior, went for thunder as the millenniums are hard to come by. Anyway, next will be replacement panels, I unfortunatley was victim to a parked hit n run which left a lovely gaping hole in my offside door right under my mirror :x so a new one is in order. Plus a small dent in my bootlid to sort which was there when I purchased it.
Yep you guessed it..the dreaded yet expected rear arches, at first I was quite happy to let her age gracefully but there will come a day when they will probably need replacing I'm thinking the lack of rear arch liners hasn't helped the problem :?

I've already replaced the front door speakers and interior bulbs for leds, fitted some daytime running lights within the front bumper spaces and also led sidelights. Will be shopping for new exhaust and possibly a boot lip, any suggestions on exhaust set up?

Glad to be part of club.
Hanna

Got bored on my day off so thought I'd give my tired old bubbly ford badges a face lift :grin:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    898.4 KB · Views: 8,386
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    698.4 KB · Views: 8,386
So got my new door at the weekend and started to strip it down, what a job to get the lock out! Gonna save my energy for the weekend and the big swap over. Plus my exhaust started blowing yesterday :-( shouldn't have said I was shopping for one. I've had a quick look under and it looks like it's a split pipe so hoping it's just a crafty weld but again will have to wait for the weekend when I get some workshop time. Want a full day to get it all done as its my daily drive, fingers crossed!
Hanz

So the door is on but it's not looking good. It's a slightly different colour because it's been sprayed, I can see the Orange peel in the paint. And the fact I reckon it's patent part cause no matter what I do it doesn't line up with the quarter panels..bummer!!
On the plus side my exhaust is in the way. Decided on Hoffman tube and back box :)

Roomy said:
[post]351877[/post]
On the plus side my exhaust is in the way. Decided on Hoffman tube and back box :)
Can you let me know what you think of the Hoffman back box, when it's all done?

My standard middle box patched up OK, but repairs never last and you've chosen the same exhaust combo as I've picked out for mine in the near future. :)

Frank said:
[post]351884[/post]
Roomy said:
[post]351877[/post]

My standard middle box patched up OK, but repairs never last and you've chosen the same exhaust combo as I've picked out for mine in the near future. :)
Sure no problem, it's arriving early next week so should have it fitted within a week :)

So my exhaust arrived yesterday (ahead of schedule) but was damaged in transit so now waiting for a replacement. Does anyone know the part number for the rear mounting rubbers as I reckon I'll need a couple new ones..
Thanks in advance

Frank said:
[post]351884[/post]
Roomy said:
[post]351877[/post]

Afternoon Frank,
Just fitted my Hoffman race pipe and backbox.
Was a right pig to get the studs off after flexi pipe, I had premeditated that cutting them off and replacing with bolts was the best option. Had to cut the backbox off also as the u-bolt was pretty corroded. But after that was done it was a breeze to put new one on.
I'll just say I had to hold the tailpipe central while tightening the new u-bolt as it sits a bit offset if not. Also you may have to 'modify' the Heat guard jus after the flange to stop it touching and rattling.
Sounds really good! Silent on tic over but a nice throaty sound under revs but not excessively loud which is what I wanted, burbles a little on the overrun which is expected but all in all I am really happy with it!
:thumbs: :D
Hope that's what you wanted to hear.
Hanna :)

Roomy said:
[post]352545[/post] Sounds really good! Silent on tic over but a nice throaty sound under revs but not excessively loud which is what I wanted, burbles a little on the overrun which is expected but all in all I am really happy with it!

Hope that's what you wanted to hear.
Hanna :)
Hi Hanna,

Many thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks too for the installation tips.

Frank :)

No problem.

Also got round to sorting my mudflaps out, sprayed them moondust silver and reattached with new bolts. The perfect compliment to the new tailpipe! Just sort out my murky fog lenses and her behind will be looking sweet :grin:
I've been thinking about treating her to some samco hoses for the coolant system..any reasons why not? Or other recommendations? What's the correct price I should be looking at between a brand new product and used? Just want to make sure I'm not overpaying for used hoses :?
Thanks
Hanna

Scratch the last questions about coolant hoses, I've found some at an incredibly awesome price so there was no questioning required :wink:
Just need to buy a new clip kit. Anyone have troubles fitting them or is it as straight forward as I think it is?

Roomy said:
[post]352589[/post]... about coolant hoses, I've found some at an incredibly awesome price
You don't have a link (or could PM me the link), do you? Oddly, this was also one of the mods I've thought of doing.

Btw my Puma is green, so we aren't going to end up with 2 identical looking cars! :p

No worries Frank, good minds think alike :)
Bought them from Amazon but I've just gone back on the product to get the link for you and the price has gone back up to retail pretty much?!
Don't know what happened there like :?
It was my first ever purchase from Amazon.
Sorry dude

Latest posts

Back