Strange thing just happened

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshLaw

I've just had the clutch pedal master cylinder replaced and the main hose from the brake fluid reservoir replaced.

Just went to reverse the car in my parking space and the clutch stuck flat to floor whilst the car continued to reverse and I couldn't get the car out of reverse - it was jammed in.

Switched the engine off and it came out of gear. So I restarted the car and it acted like nothing had happened. Brake fluid level is fine.

Any ideas?

moondustka said:
[post]351097[/post] Still air in the clutch perhaps. Might just need re-bleeding.

Is this something I can do? and if so, how?

Release bearing slave cylinder is on top of the gearbox, might have to remove the battery and tray to get to it.

It's easier to bleed with two people, one person can pump the pedal and the other can watch for the fluid and check for no bubbles etc.

It's just a case of attaching a suitable hose to the bleed nipple, in-doing it slightly, getting someone to pump and pedal and close the nipple back up when you're satisfied there's no air.

It's often mentioned that bleeding the air out of the clutch hydraulics can be a pig, but I used a Gunson's Ezibleed and it was a cinch by myself. Good bit of kit and makes the job a lot easier!

If you use an Ezibleed with a car tyre to pressurise don't forget to let air out of the car tyre first. 5 psi is plenty!

Update on this:

Purchased a new LUK 3 Part Clutch Kit (Eurocarparts - £130) and had it fitted by my local garage.

When the Mechanic stripped out the old clutch the slave cylinder was leaking like a sieve - in fact he was suprised that the clutch / gearbox worked at all.

Back