New puma owner

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Festcu

So, I pick up my first Puma tomorrow, 2001 on a Y, good amount of history, stood for 2 years but now got 12 months ticket, rear arches are just starting to bubble. Paid 150, fella just wanted it gone to free up garage space. Always liked the look of them and this one seems to drive well, sounds sweet as.

Looks bog standard to me, think a new exhaust may be first on the list of changes, but I intend to drive it for a few months before I decide what (if anything) I want to change.

Just wondering what practical mods people have made?

Welcome to the forum :cool:

Mods are a personal thing but I'd start by making sure it's in good shape and then maybe change the wheels and exhaust system.

First decent drive today, its definately money well spent!

Some pics
The arches dont look too bad
20160620_111824.jpg

20160620_111801.jpg

20160620_111755.jpg

20160620_111742.jpg

those are pretty clean arches compared to the ones on my daughters (that's another job for dad to do lol)

Yup, put mine to shame also!

If it's been stood two years, I'd have it in for a cam belt quick sticks. Best money you will spend on it.

Oh, and welcome along :grin:

Rob.

Cambelt was done while it was off the road, as we're the rear bushes. The chap was keeping it forever, but his heart was stolen by another old Ford. He's going to come and help me do the arches when I start and has asked for first refusal if I sell it :)

Back