Hi all!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonendy

Hi there. I'm new to this site, though I've been a quiet member of Pumapeople for over ten years.
I have a silver W plate 1.7 in nice tidy condition. Wheel arches have been replaced and scuff and scrapes all resprayed as part of the wheel arch job. I bought the car in 2004.
I was hoping to join in with the Ford fair at Silverstone and show my puma off, but sadly I'm a few days late - the deadline was 1st July.
If there's any possibility of a late entry, or if anyone has to cancel for whatever reason, I'll happily take their place and buy their ticket.

Best wishes
Jon
: )

Hi Jon
Hello and welcome to the Forum, shame you missed out on the stand passes but you can still come to Fordfair and introduce yourself if you want.
Barry

Not to worry.
If anyone has to pull out just give me a shout.
I've just posted a picture of my Puma in the gallery. It's not a great image but I took it yesterday after a giving it a clean.
Jon

Here it is for anyone not wanting to venture all the way to the gallery :D

Welcome to our site!

jonendy said:
[post]354040[/post] Hi there. I'm new to this site, though I've been a quiet member of Pumapeople for over ten years.
I have a silver W plate 1.7 in nice tidy condition. Wheel arches have been replaced and scuff and scrapes all resprayed as part of the wheel arch job. I bought the car in 2004.
I was hoping to join in with the Ford fair at Silverstone and show my puma off, but sadly I'm a few days late - the deadline was 1st July.
If there's any possibility of a late entry, or if anyone has to cancel for whatever reason, I'll happily take their place and buy their ticket.

Best wishes
Jon

have you put a post on the for fair thread expressing an interest in cancellations?? thats your best bet at getting noticed
welcome to the forum

Hi - thanks for the warm welcome!
Good advice, thanks - I'll post about possible cancellations.
Re spraying the wheel caps is next, as the paint is flaking off.
I think the drivers door needs a new switch, as the 'lights on' beep doesn't happen anymore....
All the best
Jon

Many thanks for your kind words! It's always been a daily use car- I just try to take care of it. Bought it in 2004 with 50k on. It's just turned 102k today. Even the back seats get used quite a bit, by my careful children - aged 10 and 7!
I used my favourite Deb car shampoo to wash it, and then I tried out some Autoglym Aquawax that I'd just bought. I'm guessing you guys have tried it - it seems easy to use and gives a good finish without too much hard work.
On the sad side, I'm very sorry to report there's a spot of rust re-appearing near the edge of the drivers side wheel arch - and that's about 2 years after the pro welding job, welding in new arches I bought. Oh well - it is a car, not necessarily a trophy. And nothing lasts forever....
My mum also has a silver puma. It's a 1.4, X plate. She's had it from new, and it currently has about 31k on it. I was trying to get her to show her car off next to mine at the Ford fair. It's looking fairly good all round, although there is some rust on one of the wheel arches, and some scuff all round that ought to be tidied up in bodyshop. Between us, I think we have only replaced one light bulb - in a combined 28 years of Puma ownership! We feel lucky our Pumas have always passed the mot's without work, and (I hope I'm not tempting fate) no welding.

Latest posts

Back