New to the puma world

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadrallyLiam

Hi everyone. I brought my puma a few weeks ago. It's a road rally car. I would upload a pic but it doesn't seem want to play ball.

RDS1972 said:
Welcome to the forum! Done much to it?

I've been very lazy I brought the car already prepared. It has a cage, bucket seats. LSD, sump guard and runs fiesta diesel suspension. So I don't really need to do any more to it.

Can you arrive and drive at these targa events? I'm glad you mentioned what championship you're doing as i haven't been able to find any targa stuff for Scotland at all, but I see now there is some! I'm based in Aberdeen and from what I can see there is sod all up here in the way of targa stuff.

ArtfulHussy said:
[post]354290[/post] Can you arrive and drive at these targa events? I'm glad you mentioned what championship you're doing as i haven't been able to find any targa stuff for Scotland at all, but I see now there is some! I'm based in Aberdeen and from what I can see there is sod all up here in the way of targa stuff.

They can be done in a standard car the only thing that I think is a must is a sump guard. There's plenty of guys do them with out them. I'm not so sure about event that north in Scotland. But I've don't the Berwick twice now and that's a corking event, it's a two day event. As grass routes Motorsport goes there fantastic value for money.

Maybe something I could look into for the coming years! Berwick is a hike but if I could do the whole thing for around £500 its probably still a good weekend.

ArtfulHussy said:
[post]354312[/post] Maybe something I could look into for the coming years! Berwick is a hike but if I could do the whole thing for around £500 its probably still a good weekend.

The entry fee was about £120 I payed that and my nav payed for the digs on the Saturday night witch i think was about £80. I then maybe spent about £80 on fuel. I did drive the car to and from the event. That's like 200 miles before I started. It's not a cheap weekend but still a dam site cheaper than stage rallying.

This is very true. I know someone who spent over two grand on Rally of scotland, ripped the rear end out on the first day and retired early with something like 5 grand worth of damage.. :shock:

ArtfulHussy said:
[post]354318[/post] This is very true. I know someone who spent over two grand on Rally of scotland, ripped the rear end out on the first day and retired early with something like 5 grand worth of damage.. :shock:

That's the dangers of stage rallying. I would love to have a go but but the cost is just way to much.

Latest posts

Back