Morning, new owner

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrackMonkey

Morning,
Thought I would stop in & say hello. Me & a mate have just bought a 2001 puma with the intention of turning it into a track toy. (everyday car was getting too abused). Only 70K miles & in tidy condition.
After just driving it around for a bit I love the little thing already. looks & sounds good but importantly it feels great.
Im sure ill be on here a fair bit trying to understand what we have just done wrong & why we have so many bolts left over!!

To Do list is getting longer everytime I get 5mins away from work....

Strip out interior
New seats
New steering wheel
Oil/ oil filter/ air filter/ spark plugs
New Engine mounts, Gearbox mount & torque restrictor?
New 15" Wheels & sticky Tyres
Uprated brake calipers (focus/ fiesta ST?)
Larger brake discs (300mm??)
Disc conversion to the rear (fiesta ST?)
Yellow stuff brake pads (on my BMW & love them)
Braided hoses
Lower suspension (max sensible drop?)
Wheel spacers 20mm rear/ 15mm front & extended bolts?
Front Upper & lower strut brace

Any advise on anything above or other priorities would be much appreciated...

Cheers

Hi and welcome.
If it's a track build then I wouldn't say there was a priority list but just to do them in the order that makes sense. Under the bonnet first, a good service works wonders. Then as a lot of your list can be done when the wheels are off, discs/pads/spacers/suspension/hoses etc. then enjoy it in all its glory :eek:k:

Welcome aboard. Do the cambelt change if it has not been done yet and check the car for rust ! :)
Not sure if the lower strut brace don't give any problems when you lower the car a lot.

Pic of the car & the diet it went on today.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    754.5 KB · Views: 3,085
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 3,085
There are 4 bolts (2 each side) that can be located from inside the boot that release the back rest part of the rear seat.

Then the bottom part of the seat can be lifted and pushed back to remove.

There are then two brackets mounted to the floor that can be removed.

Latest posts

Back