Another Newbie!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PumaGal60

Hi Guys

Really glad to find a couple of Puma Forums (also on Puma People). Good to get other peoples take on problems/issues with Pumas.

I was toying with getting rid of my Silver Puma 1.7 of the last 14yrs for a more up-to-date car, but its had new shocks, cam belt, brakes, brake pipes, re-gassed Air Con (which will lead to another question).

The only real issue was the drivers side rear arch with the usual rust and a few stone chips...I have had the rust cut out and plate put in and all the stone chips done and re-sprayed, not happy at first and finally after the 3rd trip back it is now finished and looks gorge!! Although to the trained eye (relative in the business) you can just make out the difference between the new and old paint.

However I have an old issue returned with this hot weather, now I know the Air Con leaves condensation droplets on the floor after use, but I am getting water droplets in the passenger side foot well...has anybody else had this issue? Really don't want the floor and carpet to get soaking wet every time I used it.

Thanks guys, brilliant forum!

Hiya and welcome.

Are the aircon hoses all connected up properly - inside the engine and inside the car?

Hi
Try this hose:

It's the drain hose for the heater and it can get blocked with debris (such as dead leaves etc). It's a PITA to get off but best to take it off as you can straighten it in your hands and poke it through with a knitting needle or something similar. The top is held onto the heater box with a spring clip and the bottom is just pushed through a grommet in the floor. Usually this will wet both sides of the floor but could do just one side if you car has been parked in a particular way. Also be aware the sound deadening under the carpets can be sodden whilst the carpets above may feel dry to the touch. If I was you I would take the carpets up at the front so that you can feel the underneath of the sound deadening. If it's wet take all the interior out to dry and stop in the car whilst someone hoses it down and look for where the leak's coming in.
Barry

Hi AshLaw
Thanks for the welcome, nice to be part of a brilliant forum.
Other half has checked all the hose connections this afternoon and all appear to be ok.
Thank you for the suggestion
Net

Hi Tuonokid
Thanks for the suggestion and the photo, Other half checked hoses are fitted correctly, but has yet to get the drain hose off you suggested, he has checked the carpet and felt underneath which appears to be dry.
As you said it's a PITA to get off and I'll let you know how we get on.
Thanks for your help
Net

Latest posts

Back