HIya!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domdomt

Hi there,

So i've recently begun to look into buying a Puma, after having a 1.8t 20v Porsche 924 that I built, its time for me to have something a bit more interesting and go NA!

I've seen a few Puma's online ranging from £200-£900 and seeing as I live so close to work, I have no actual need to drive at the moment so I could potentially by a heap. My plans are to make a stainless exhaust manifold, I want r1 or GSXR throttle bodies, and some nice cams, some headwork. I plan to get to 160hp. I am struggling to find build threads on these cars for some sort of inspiration, can anyone put me in the right direction?

I won't ask the obvious 'what should I look', but my question would be, what is a reasonable price! Cambelt is due at 80k, is that why most of them are being sold at this sort of mileage?

Thanks!

They've usually started to fall apart with rot by 80k. :pose2:
Cambelt is due every five years or 80k, whichever comes first. So really most puma's these days should have had minimum two belt changes and I reckon the vast majority stoll haven't had their first. If you're planning on doing some significant engine work then I would be inclined to do a belt and water pump change anyway.

Reasonable price at the moment for something standard with minimal structural rust and low-ish miles is perhaps in the region of £600-800 I think?

Welcome along, I'd agree with the above. Also not sure we've actually seen a TB project completed which might be why you're not having much luck.

Most of them will be being sold because they're old and people get bored of older cars, especially when they need consumables replacing such as all the rubber bushings and mounts.

Latest posts

Back