my first car my first puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poggymac

hi all
my first car was a ford puma back in 2001.. then last yea I was thinking I would like another puma as a project car and said not yet then one day last month i was online looking at pumas then there she was my first ever puma a 2001 1.6 so I rang the man who was selling it got in the car the fallowing day and after an hour there she was the cat we had a good look round the car and the rear stills are rusty I am going to cut them out and replace them as that's a better job than filler and air con needs fixing I rang the ford dealership I bought the car of in 2001 and asked about ford puma logo mats .. they cant get them any more cant wait to see her back at her first home .. so I will be keeping you all updated on the progress as I want to bring her back to like the day I bought it and we all remember the puma ad with Steve McQueen and pumapeople I was a member back in the day had the window stickers and bought the pumapeople book about the tv ad I think I still have the old stickers and keyring good times ahead with the cat she was in oban Scotland 4 times in the one year .. what a drive pure class a true drivers car fun and all driving from killybegs Ireland to oban Scotland .. any puma owners in Ireland non petrol heads ust ford heads join for a meet .. see the photos the last is in 2001 the rest is her now

talk soon
poggymac

Attachments

• old puma.jpg
    old puma.jpg
    551.5 KB · Views: 1,892
  • YzY4MjNiOTI4N2E1ODU1N2YwZDY2Mjg4MDc4MWI1Y2Mw4HupGCsZUOmnzPUDr2wpaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbW...jpg
    YzY4MjNiOTI4N2E1ODU1N2YwZDY2Mjg4MDc4MWI1Y2Mw4HupGCsZUOmnzPUDr2wpaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbW...jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,892
  • NTE1Nzg1NDJiNzFhZGVlMzczNmZkNGM4YTRhNjhmZGOJJEdhlrByv-ujr4wcu3X5aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbW...jpg
    NTE1Nzg1NDJiNzFhZGVlMzczNmZkNGM4YTRhNjhmZGOJJEdhlrByv-ujr4wcu3X5aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbW...jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,892
  • MzNkMWM5MjBhMjY3MWFlOTJmY2RkMjFjMTdlZDBmZTT5rr3YoKgDc1pHlS4q8zylaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbW...jpg
    MzNkMWM5MjBhMjY3MWFlOTJmY2RkMjFjMTdlZDBmZTT5rr3YoKgDc1pHlS4q8zylaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbW...jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,892
:grin: can't imagine the chances of it being available the day you start looking for one :eek:

Good luck with the project!!

That is a brilliant story. I regretted ever selling my first puma and dreamed of finding it again. But I never did so got myself a second one instead!

Are you going to get some original spec alloys back on?

On the puma mats, I bought some a couple of years ago from a seller who has a stock of unused ones. Expensive but they were genuine. These folks I think:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/191073934628

All the best
Will

Latest posts

Back