No power to fuel pump

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishlurcher

Hi all, I have a 1999 Puma 1.4 and the power to the fuel pump has been lost, I have checked fuse, I have checked isolation Inertia type switch, which also has no power to it, I have also noticed EML light does not come on when ignition is switched on, I have disconnected the battery overnight but still no joy HELP :cry:

Have you disconnected the power to the pump and checked it with a meter?

If you have power to the plug then I guess the pump is shot :(

Rob.

Yes as I said in my post, there is no power to the pump ie I have unplugged it and checked, the wire it doesn't light up my test probe, however the fuel gauge works, I have cut a piece out of the floor to gain access so can see everything in situ, there is no power to the isolation switch, and I get NO EML light on with ignition ??

I note what you've already checked.

You need to get an OBDII reader on it and see what error codes you get. The EML only covers a limited range of faults and even then doesn't tell you what area to look in.

:-( please guys either you not reading my thread or I am not explaining properly, so I try again, and I know you are trying to help so thank you
1 There is NO power to fuel pump at plug on the pump
2 there is no power to fuel inertia cut of switch (have checked relevant fuse
3 There is NO EML light AT ALL, turn on ignition and EML Light does NOT illuminate as it should until engine is started,
4 have had OBD11 diagnostic reader on it it shows no error codes
Other than running a direct live to the tank, which I don't want to have to do for safety reasons, I am a bit stuck
Thanks people

Only guessing if Ian doesn't come back to you but it's maybe that the ECU shuts of fuelling if it detects the crank sensor isn't working to protect the Cat from being destroyed by raw fuel.
Barry

tuonokid said:
[post]356467[/post] Only guessing if Ian doesn't come back to you but it's maybe that the ECU shuts of fuelling if it detects the crank sensor isn't working to protect the Cat from being destroyed by raw fuel.
Barry
Yeah, we effectively had that on demonskull's clutch. Remember when he left the crank sensor lead off and had no fuel?

Faulty/no crank sensor would throw up a DTC code though and apparently this thread has been OBDII'd with no codes showing.

As above although you should see a code for it.

Next thing to try is unplug the fuel cut off and put power to the middle pin, this will run the fuel pump. Then try and start and if it runs its power to the pump problem. If it doesn't then you also have spark inhibited which also points to the crank sensor.

Latest posts

Back