Storage problem..

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

althepal101

Was lucky enough to be given this-

Needs a steering rack, rear mounts and welding on either side behind the sills. Knew it had a damp/mould problem from somewhere in the drivers footwell so lifted the carpet, cut out the damp insulation and got out the wire brush and found these..

Anyways.. car gonna be stored outside for a coupla days, then moved into a well ventilated garage till I can get the cash for the welding sorted.. in the meantime I've stuck gaffa tape over the holes to try and keep them wind and watertight.. will this do for now? Don't want any more damp/mould problems!
Any advice or info appreciated!

I'd say that's pretty much all you can do for now.. maybe make sure it's not leaking water in through the wiring grommet?

Is that in the drivers footwell? That's the only side affected by the dampness.
Dampness had crept up the insulation to just below the level of the pedals so was thinking it had crept up, not down..

It's probably coming in from the heater drain. If you put you head towards the pedals on the drivers side you will see a black rubber pipe that comes off the bottom of the heater box and bends through 2 90 deg bends before disappearing through the floor. This gets blocked at the heater box and then water collects in the heater box until it spills out of the sides.
Barry

Back