Finally got myself a Ford Racing Puma...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xnbradley

Hey there...

Just managed to get hold of my dream car in 032 FRP... it is amazing... it is my third Puma over the years... and I am not gonna let this one get away... bought it blind from Aberdeen on Saturday... 70 minutes flight up there... 8 and ahalf hours driving back... but what a drive...

Just thought I would introduce myself... no doubt I will be on here reguularly as I endevour to learn about the FRP and teach myself about cars...

Thanks

Welcome along - great buy!

Get some pictures up!! :pose: :eek:k:

Hey there...

The guy I bought it from was gutted to be selling... in fact he has asked for first refusal if I ever come to sell it... he owns his own Rally Motorsport Team and originally bought it to keep forver... so mechanically he has done an amazing job... I just have to sort out the cosmetic things now... which is good as I know nothing about engines... it is such an amazing drive... I am smiling most of the time now...

Will be back... have lots of questions...

Thanks for the welcome...

Welcome! FRP's are amazing.... a crack habit may be easier on the pocket though. Trust me!! :p

You bought it! I am one of Peter's new helpers with his business so I got to meet 032 before it left. Didn't get a run in it unfortunately! I'm really chuffed you've joined the forum though, do start a thread for it if you're getting work done :grin:

:cool: Welcome to the site and congratulations on the purchase!!

Good luck with the car and let us know how you get on with the bodywork bits.

Hey there...

So not that good a start... been driving fine... went out this evening to pop down the shops and it won't start... was fine an hour ago...

Turn the key... lights come on... then when I turn the key... dash dims and it clicks... and just doesn't start over... not sure a battery can drain that quickly... guess I need to jump start to see if it is ok...

Frustratingly can't do anything until the weekend... back the Streetka for now... oh well... Still an amazing car...

I was going to say it sounded like a flat battery up until your last comment :grin:

Maybe get a multimeter across it when the engine is running to make sure it's got a good charging voltage?

If the battery is old enough it will go flat in no time at all.

I once picked up a car that had been sat for 4 years, drove it for about 30 mins back to the garage and it wouldn't start immediately after turning it off. Once they're gone, they're gone!

Welcome! You won't regret it! In terms of the engine I'd just make sure you replace the oil regularly and get that cambelt changed every 5 years (same as standard Puma) and you won't go far wrong! just like any older car you'll need to change things like the battery etc. the FRP is no different! Good Luck!

xnbradley said:
bought it blind from Aberdeen on Saturday... 70 minutes flight up there... 8 and ahalf hours driving back

That's ladies and gentlemen what I call PASSION! Good to have you in our society :)

Latest posts

Back