Reunited at Last

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all
After working in a Ford dealership when the Puma was launched and being lucky enough to have one as a company car, I can remember at the time the stir it made as at the time Ford where struggling in having an affordable hot hatch. Any way I fell in love with it and was absolutely gutted when 6 months later it was replaced with a Fiesta 1.6 Ghia, I made a promise that I would get one for keeps, I have final bought myself a 1.7 (51 plate) in black, it has 148,000 miles but is running as sweet as a nut. The body is solid apart from the arches that I have already cut out and replaced, I have also fitted a Miltek 421 manifold and full system with sports cat, FRP air box and cold air feed, 20mm Rear Spacers, full service inc cam belt, water pump etc, lowered by 30mm, Poly bushes all round apart from rear, adjustable front drop links, Pipercross air filter, "TAPE" ecu with FRP map and a fuel pump.
I currently have a spare engine and am in the process of flowing and polishing the head, maf and throttle body and I hope to add FRP cams before fitting it into the car.
I would love to turn it into a full FRP replica but think the cost and scarcity of parts will scupper that idea!!
Sorry for long winded post but could go on forever so will leave things there

Good luck with the new car.

FRP replicas are a nice idea and one of the reasons this site actually exists, the cost is quite prohibitive though so you'd need to be personally invested in the car for a while I'd have said.

Thanks, you are not wrong about the cost. In the meantime whilst I am trying to gather all the necessary items I will focus my attention and sorting out the underside of the car on undersealing and replacing brake lines etc.
I will no doubt use this forum to pick up valuable tips and advice

Have you looked at this: http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Ford-Puma-Wide-Arch-FRP-Bodykit-7-Pieces_270.jsp

Oh wow I want!! :grin: Not so sure about the air intake in the bonnet though. Just got to seak out front suspension and drive shafts etc at sensible money.
Although in my experience sensible and anything FRP don't go together

AshLaw said:
[post]357629[/post] That's not an air intake - it's a reflection.
No, that IS an air intake.

55B9056B-5C2E-492B-BF29-376D73A3E5D8_zpsacyvauub.jpg

A few more photo in this thread from Ford Fair 2014: http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=25840

I am loving those pictures from the Ford fair, one day I hope mine with be able to sit amounst them and do itself justice. They are absolutely beautiful I am so jealous of there owners.
I have been motivated to get the spanners out this afternoon now.

Simonavis said:
[post]357639[/post] Doh!! Need to buy some of these 8)

Sorry - yes it is an air intake on the bonnet (but the bonnet isn't part of the kit).

Latest posts

Back