engine managment light on

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul mullen

HI EVERYBODY, just got my first puma thunder, management light on also how can I get my 15 inch wheel to fit in carrier FOR STARTERS.

what do you mean fit 15 inch for starter? Puma has a standard 15 inch wheel... engine management meant that you need to check the engine... simple as that...

now seriously... if the light is on get an OBD2 reader and check...

hi all, seem to have got off on the wrong foot here ??? will start again BUT first off a really good puma for sale on ebay £50 only hours hours to ( 7AM ) WOULD HAVE MYSELF BUT NO ROOM.

mate... do you even english? i don't understand... so by engine light, as i said... :) obd and you'll see... for the 15 inch... i don't get it...

For all we know he could be wondering how to get his spare wheel in a carrier bag :?

Call me cynical but should we be a tad suspicious of "Mr Mullen" and his confusing posts?

Paul Mullen, your posts are written in a rather odd format but we understand that some people just aren't used to writing on forums and the like.

So I suppose we can assume that there's two questions:

1. What should I do about my EML being on
2. Is it possible to fit an alloy wheel in the spare wheel holder?

And I'd answer these with:

1. A fault code reader would be the best place to start with this
2. A standard 15" wheel should fit in the spare wheel carrier, the spare is already a full size 15" wheel anyway.

If I've misinterpreted I apologise.

HELLO ALL, so lets start again. I bought the puma for my lady,paid £470 same day as m.o.t pass. paper work for new engine as ....NEW FORD PUMA 1.7 16V 123 BHP ENGINE £2560.00 FULL SERVICE £140 DRIVETORQUE STAGE 1 CLUTCH KIT £169.00 FITTING AND LABOUR £750.00 total with VAT £3866.00 Garage bill for cut out and weld 2 new back wheel arches and spray £410.00 december 2015. Since new engine its done 65000. Had it since june and only gone 128 miles as she no likes it. I smashed my ankle and heel when we lived in lanzarote for some years so can not drive yet as on morphine. Also cider. A judge wanted to give me a holiday but I no think he was thinking of lanzarote. Anyway my solicitor sorted it but we stayed a few more years. Back to the car I said 15inch wheel as you people also use 16/17inch wheels. Im a GEORDIE on a computer course so help me out a bit.

Back again,had all sorts of cars in my 59 years so can do most things on them. The car came without a spare as he used his for M.O.T I got a 15 inch 185 on steel rim off a mate. The car has good bodywork and everything else works ok. We live just outside of huntingdon and I will need a garage to do the fanbelt as the engine is 5 years old soon. Thats about it except no use a computer when on morphine and cider and tell people to much about yourself?????????????????????????? GOODNIGHT.

Sounds like you got a bit of a bargain, a full size 15" wheel will fit in the spare wheel tray under the boot, it lowers down using the bolt inside the boot and unclips.

Is there anything else the car needs?

Welcome to our site, I hope that you find everything you need here. :grin:

HI RED, I know how the carrier works but can no get it to close with the wheel in it. Anyway the car moved today after being parked for the last three weeks. Went to quick fit and they said the carrier would only take a space saving wheel.??????? But on the good side they put it on the lift to check it out for me and the exhaust is stainless steel. So after its run out it has now got another 6 miles on the clock. No understand this wheel problem though.

paul mullen said:
[post]358068[/post] Went to quick fit and they said the carrier would only take a space saving wheel.???????
Nope, they told you wrong, I carry a standard prop alloy as a spare.

It's a good idea to, those saving saving steel wheels have a really low max. speed and also throw the whole handling off - which means you have to get the flat fixed right away, even if you don't have time to. With an alloy spare, you get it fixed when it's convenient for you to get it fixed.

try this, I have one and they are pretty good for under £10

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150987229373?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

HI alfie 74, ordered on of the testers on your link. But need to know where to plug it in please. ???

paul mullen said:
[post]358130[/post] HI alfie 74
Paul, as you're new here, a little tip for you - if you don't acknowledge or reply to other people who have posted and tried to help you, then you'll get a reputation as being rude. The downside with that is when you really need help then they will not bother to reply to you.

This stuff is not like buses where 'there's bound to be another one along soon', no, none of us know everything, so we stick to the subjects we do know about...so the number of possible replies is limited from the start.

If new people just remember that online forums are just as much about giving and not just taking, then they will not go far wrong. :)

its below the fuel cut of switch on the front passager side,

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ford+puma+obd+port+location&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=676&tbm=isch&imgil=Qd5cJ8MixbIaaM%253A%253BBYjWnE2UyM5XTM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.wikiobd.co.uk%25252Fvehicle.php%25253Fvh%2525253D99&source=iu&pf=m&fir=Qd5cJ8MixbIaaM%253A%252CBYjWnE2UyM5XTM%252C_&usg=__hKUF3Q-bcwkp70RwGqyXds-AWTo%3D&ved=0ahUKEwjvl_XJ5KbQAhVHGsAKHc9ECAgQyjcILw&ei=yOkoWO-TFce0gAbPiaFA#imgrc=Qd5cJ8MixbIaaM%3A

Still waiting for tester alfie,will let you know how I get on. Back to the spare wheel saga, its going to live in the boot. As for punctures is it not best to repair straight away wether an alloy or space saver?? Or I could always get the bus.

What profile is the tyre? if it's bigger than a 50 that might be why it doesnt fit. A 195/50R15 should fit in no worries. Also what width is the wheel? it should be 6J?

HI red, will check in the morning in daylight. As I have said its a new 15inch donated by a mate and I only tried it on so it would fit. No thought to check anything else just glad to have a spare. Thanks for your help so far.

Latest posts

Back