New puma owner ( by that I mean I'm new to owning it)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1961ed1961

Hi to everyone, I have recently purchased a 2001 puma with 72000 miles in very good useable condition. I previously owned a silver puma a couple of years back sold it and regretted doing so, along came this one in blue and money exchanged now I own it, I am pleased with it and now I need parts , is front mudflaps really that hard to buy as I thought they would be plentiful ? , perhaps someone on here can guide me , the ones on it have split one is in the boot ( knackered) one hanging on split cannot repair it . I think the guy who had it previously from new kept it maintained but put it through car washes, but it still looks good, will start to use it when I can. Cheers ed

Welcome along (back) :eek:k:

Front do appear to be in short supply - there's sometimes a pair on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Puma-Front-Mud-Flaps-A97FX-16L560-Finis-1058595-/172510729967?hash=item282a70d6ef:g:dtYAAOSwA3dYkdUg

FINIS 1058595 if you're searching. Might be worth asking your local Ford parts desk?

Hi , thanks I am surprised at the parts supply shortage but in fairness the car ceased production well over 10 yrs ago. It won't stop me using it, just waiting for better weather and it will be out and about in it

No joy at any ford dealers, not surprised really as they clear parts out after 4years of the car going out of production, all parts are kept in a central location, customer order, but I managed to get a pair of eBay new in bag result

I have a question for those in the know, I have looked on the dvla check system for previous mot history (very good system) it gives my car as silver but it's light blue, it's the same colour inside under the carpet and underneath so it is standard.As anybody got any ideas of the actual colour there area couple of Pumas on eBay of the same shade.

Hi, sorry for not getting back to you , your right it is medium steel blue I have just repaired the o/s rear wheel arch and needed a rattle can to touch up , thanks for the info. My next job is replacing the front subframe has anybody got advice on that , I have the replacement but waiting for better weather as it will be done on the drive, the subframe is rotten but the rest of the car is good ? . It seems straight forward but.........

Well I decided to start on the car to get it ready for mot, it had previously failed on welding and corrosion on the subframe. I removed the rear axle along with the petrol tank and spare wheel, it gave me good clearance to weld the areas needed, I replaced brake pipes the flexy hoses also, I decided to have the rear axle blasted then powder coated petrol tank cleaned and painted, poly bushed at the rear. The fuel filler pipes were perished so replaced those also, the front subframe was badly corroded so I sourced a good replacement had it blasted and powder coated replaced both wishbones drop links track rod ends whilst it was stripped the clutch has been replaced, I also changed the brake discs for new ones with new pads the calipers and carriers were also blasted and powder coated and I added new flexy hoses finally I am going to give it a full service and that finishes it. The car as only covered 70,000 miles (genuine) but it surprised me how much the suspension and running gear was corroded but I have done as much as possible to clear it all, just thought I'd share it with you

Timing belt has now been replaced so all jobs completed, I will be ready for my next project to take me into winterthrough to next year and I have already seen what I am after.

It's not another puma (though I think that they are good to work on , I have been offered a mk2 lotus cortina . It will need extensive work and panels are all but impossible to get hold of. By the time I have purchased it and had it blasted to see what needs replacing it will be into a sizeable figure ,

Latest posts

Back