1.7 puma not firing 51 plate

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmersteve94

Hi everyone,
I have recently bought a 1.7 puma wonderful car real nice to drive however on my way back home driving the engine cut out. I have a slight idea around cars so I done a basic check aha no spark to any of the plugs there is the problem.
Just to clarify the car prime's and cranks
My initial instinct was to change the coil- no difference
Had a diagnostic machine plugged in - no codes
Came on here to see if anyone else is having similar problems there are but they are immobiliser related problems the light for the immobiliser is normal not showing any codes - I did also unplug the transmitter to check the function , the light flashed fast to show no connection to the key whilst unplugged so presumably functions whist plugged in
The battery was unplugged for a while to reset the ECU, still no spark
All fuses and wire connections to sensors and the coil where checked and seemed to be fine
I'm a bit stumped and very car-less if anyone has had this problem and can point me in the right direction it would be very much appreciated

Note: I haven't changed the crankshaft sensor I will be doing that once I get paid

I know the previous owner he said that the car was working fine whilst he had it would the sensors show up fault codes?

farmersteve94 said:
[post]360988[/post] I know the previous owner he said that the car was working fine whilst he had it would the sensors show up fault codes?
They always say that :/

Ok so it was the crankshaft sensor but I need a new one again since I'm a Muppet and broke it getting it in just an accelerator cable clean the brakes and I'm good to go again

Latest posts

Back