Summer is coming! Who's got cake?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mk02

Hey people, Andy from the south of Essex.

Firstly, thanks to everyone who's put useful info up here and to the guys keeping the site running. This is the Puma Bible. I have used the site for a few years tackling different problems I would have never overcome otherwise. So big thanks!

I drive a Pacific Green 1.7. Dakota grey 9 spoke 15"s on Pirellis.
I've been doing a bit of collecting...
so far over a week I've installed a Piper catback with a 3.5" tip. K&N air filter. 16 & 20mm spacers. Tinted the rear lights and badge. Properly debadge front grill too.

I've got some more bits I've been preparing and pretty much ready to go on...

Lester sideskirts, rear corners, DTM mirrors, wind deflectors, Fly 1000w sub and Sony h/u. Adjusable TA coilovers, FRP ECU. A tinted rear window from my last Puma (I tinted it myself and took 8 attempts so I'm keeping that!) Also debadged and just painted black, center and left side boot light. Full black felt, ivory leather and paint interior. HID upgrade, led DRL and a spoiler from an early Suburu I've started to modify.

I'm waiting to get Cams, the uprated FRP's are good but.. I think im going Fully Ported gas Flowed head with rally cams but just for those 2 it will cost nearly 2k with the Vernier pulley! $$$

Question... Should I get the Piper 421 manifold as I already have the catback, or go with the Miltek 421? The Miltek has a flexi built in to absorb engine movement which is great... connecting them is no issue but I can't decide and have been stuck on this for over ages!

Any opinions wold be much appreciated

Thanks!!

:cool: sounds like you've been busy Andy!

Can't help you choose between the two but they're both reputable enough that either should be fine.

Very, not to mention the endless maintenance. I guess you're right, it's not the reputation though... its which one performs better. I'm going to put magic 8 ball on the wanted page! Thanks Red.

From what I've seen Piper seem to be deeper in tone and a bit louder but these were full system versus full system. I imagine performance wise there'll not be loads in it.

I got the catback because I do prefer the sound but have always highly regarded Miltek. I always thought I'd have one one day... maybe I will, but for now I'm going with the full Piper. It's the right thing to do :thumbs:
Thanks your input is much appreciated

Back