Hello iam Mikat

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikat

Well i took the plunge and bought a Puma,I've always wanted to own one ever since they were 1st introduced at that time i worked at a Ford dealership. Unfortunately they were too expensive. then other things unfolded until i came across the advertisement that was to sell the Puma Steve Mc'Queen driving this fantastic car(pretty good camera work). So now iam a proud owner of that now classic car.

What i wanted to ask is i only have one key, and buying one from a dealer and recoding costs a fortune.Ive looked at varies keys with chips and transponders on eBay and spoken to the sellers who all say most of the keys aren't compatible.i understand that this
key can be cut and coded by any good locksmith PART NO:98BG15K601AC-FREQ:433MHz-UNCUT KEY BLADE 4C D60.

Does anybody know if these figures are correct.Your help will greatly appreciated.
Kind regards,
Mikat

Mikat said:
[post]363408[/post] Does anybody know if these figures are correct
Hi, I don't know about that Part No. but my car came with 1 key and the initial hours of research I did on this were a total waste of time - walked into a local locksmith with the key I had and walked out again with a new additional working key (with transponder) less than 15 minutes later and £33 the poorer.

It goes without saying that, like everyone else, I never actually use this additional key, but I feel much better for having it. :)

I reckon you'll enjoy owning and driving your Puma. Good luck and welcome to the forums.

Thanks for that Frank, like you ive spent hours of research.So can any locksmith code in a key. Also thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to the site!

Locksmiths typically clone the first key but it should work all the same.

Mikat said:
[post]363413[/post] So can any locksmith code in a key.
The guy I went to, and it was only a small shop, was using some hardware attached to a laptop to do the transponder side, so it's possible that not every/any locksmith can do that. Just phone around your local ones to check first, I reckon.

I remembered afterwards - I do take the spare key with me when the car goes for MOT or to the garage. So, it does get some use after all.

Latest posts

Back