Just bought my first

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustyrundle83

Hey guys and girls just bought a milena blue 1.7 puma got it very cheap with 73k on the clock all seemed to good to be true lol .. After some expection ive noticed a small leak .. I checked the power steering but all seems fine then a friend said to check the rocker cover gasket i have a pic of where the drip is coming from its just under the drivers side of the car near the wheel and is dripping of the bolt that you can see in the pic im hoping someone can direct me in the right direction so i can fix this promptly and its not going to be something serious .. It is going to my mechanic on Tuesday for a full check as well. Regards and thanks chrisIMG-20170713-WA0004.jpg

Hello and welcome.

The rocker cover is indeed a prime suspect for those symptoms, though there are other `suspects` ie oil seals, at that end of the engine.
It`s normally the rocker seal...
Your guy should be able to track it down easily enough.

Cambelt service history is important on these engines, and they like regular oil too.

I hope you`ve found yourself a good `un...

Cheers for the reply ... Yea ive heard a few people saying rocker cover as well i didnt pay more than 300 quid for it so im happy to spend up to 500 to get it right im just hoping that its fixable and doesnt have any other hidden probs i really love pumas .

Sadly it hasnt got any but ita mot history isnt awful usual things like brake line corrosion .. No rust on the arches which is a nice thing ill get the belts done as well just to be sure and try to restore and keep it as good as i can .

belt is obvious if you`ve no history, I`d have a good look at the rear beam mounts and seat anchor points for terminal tinworm first.
I`m sure your mate will be able to give you the thumbs up (or down!)
Fingers crossed for you. (nice arches is a good sign)

This is mine but it if this fails i can always drive the mrs thunder .. Its a gorgeous motor hence why i wanted to own my own one .. Just reading through the forum about the FRP remap is this possible without any other upgrades or is it advisable to do other work first?

Latest posts

Back