New Owner

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Max

PumaGal60 said:
Now SOLD to another Puma enthusiast!

Red said:
Hope it found a good home :D

...I would like to think she did!

I picked up this beautiful little Puma from PumaGal last week, honestly the car is a real credit to her ownership. As soon as I saw the matching Avon tyres and Bosch wiper blades, I knew the car had been well cared for!

I looked at so many bad ones, unloved cars that need a lot of work.

She isn't my only car, but she will be getting used and well looked after. She is my first Puma, but I've been around them a lot of my life, many friends have owned them. I have always loved driving them and praised the handling and engine, it's time to put my money where my mouth has been all these years!

So, my thanks to PumaGal60 for trusting me with this one :)

:cool: Welcome to the site, it sounds like a good car. Enjoy the new drive :grin:

Cheers Red.

I'm just trying to find some tiny little bits for it now, there's a tiny little triangular cover that goes over the screw to the left of the centre console air vents and a small rubber block that sits on the inner wing, supporting the bonnet on the passenger side... Unfortunately hard things to describe or search for online!

There's also a slightly cracked interior door handle... I'll put something up in the Wanted section at some point. Just tiny little jobs that I'd like sorting. Shows how good the car is when that's all I've got to fiddle with!

Before buying some top up oil for her (doesn't need it, but I always keep 1l in the boot of any of my cars) I just waded through the semi- vs fully- synth discussions, having owned a Nikasil motor before (M52, BMW), I'm familiar with the subject! Castrol Edge, 5w 30 fully synth will do.

Checking the air filter I was amazed at the size of the resonator in there...! I might just whip that out...

I've just been going through the history that PumaGal gave me, it's got everything back to her original purchase, amazing.

The triangle cover from the dash seems to be a common one to go missing for some reason.

You could try contacting [ref]Ian G[/ref] for these parts, he's the resident second hand Puma parts man and usually has most things in stock.

Brill, I'll do that. Thanks again.

Just found a brand new door handle surround for it on eBay, that's one down!

Hey Lost, another member has a spare one I've bought. The clip is broken, so I'll need to BluTack it in, but it'll look better! He's also got the under-bonner rubber block.

I've also sourced two new lower window seals from Ford, the metal inserts I the old ones have gone rusty and are pulling away from the window. Cheap and easy fix!

Hi Max

Thank you for the lovely comments and glad to see you've joined Project Puma, they're a brilliant bunch on here!

Sorry but we both missed the cover to the air vents and the split door handle, as for the small rubber block, Chris thinks it may be in the glove box, but no doubt you've already had everything out of there.

So glad you're pleased with your new Puma...still missing her and got very choked as you drove up the drive :'( I know she's with the best owner she could ever have!

Wishing you lots of happy years together :thumbs:

Haha! Don't be silly, for the price I paid I was just glad it still had doors attached! It was the cheapest one I viewed and it was in by far the best condition. I'm just snag fixing on it, keeps me out of mischief!

Triangular clip, rubber block, interior handle, weather strips... I've barely even spent the deduction we negotiated! Hehe!!

I can empathise with your feelings for the car, if I ever decide to sell her I will give you first refusal. Thanks again :)

Latest posts

Back