Hi all

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jm_welsby

Hi there, new to the forum and new to Puma ownership. Picked it up yesterday will get some pictures posted when I get chance.
First query/issue I'm having issues with the heater/aircon it blows hot then cold intermittently any ideas how to fix, relatively happy fixing myself if sometime can point me in the right direction

:cool: welcome to the site, there are three main culprits with heating issues

1. The heater control valve (HCV) - this is top of our list, it regulates and can start getting stuck open or closed. Usually gets stuck so you're being roasted on a summers day in a heat wave.

2. The heater control panel - this has the control on and has been known to develop faults.

3. The heater resistor pack, usually when this fails it causes the fans to only work on 1 or 3 speeds (doesn't sound like your issue)

If you check all these things and are still having issues then I suppose it could be thermostat related but I believe this is much less common and would have other indicators.

Thanks for that I'll try out some of the fixes I found online for those. It seems to have a mind if it's own but if I crank fan up to full and put aircon on it blows cold if I turn it down it goes warm then cold then warm...etc

Latest posts

Back