Buying

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maybe puma?

Hi all. Im a lomg time fan of pumas well most old fords. Im looking at buying a x reg 1.7 puma this weekend. Is there any known problems I should look out for? It has done 120000ish miles n has little rust on both bak arches . I know this is a common fault but is there anything else I should look out for? Thank u in advance

Rampant rust underneath, particularly around the rear beam mount rear inner arches and inner and outer sills best bet is to get it to your local MOT tester for him to have a look underneath. Other than that you need evidence of a recent cam belt change as it's an expensive job if it needs doing. Lots of other smaller niggly faults as well but easily and cheaply fixed.
Barry

Hi barry
Cheers pal. I will get under the bak end n ave a good luck round. The rust on the arches dont look bad at all jus hope there isnt anymore. With it having done that many miles im hoping the cam belt has been done. I was only looking for a cheap any car that jus had decent MOT and then found this so was thinking it would b a good project

The MOT doesn't mean anything so if you buy it without having it properly checked out it will probably go to the scrapyard at next MOT. I have a 2002 Thunder with 85K on it just for bits and it's as rotten as a pear so be warned.
Barry

Oh god ur putting me off now. Thanx for the advice tho I will try m get it checked out best I can

Maybe puma? said:
[post]366337[/post] Oh god ur putting me off now.
The same applies to any 15 - 20 year old car, so whatever you look at then get it checked over first.

^^ This any car of similar age will require diligence as to it's condition.

Latest posts

Back