Newbie Thunder

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jays_thunder

Greetings from Chester :)

Ive had my 2002 Thunder nearly two years after purchasing it to replace my XR2i (id had it ten years and wanted a change)

Its got 43k on the clock, full service history and 2 previous owners, its currently stripped to have some small rust areas dealt with then I've got a Milly interior to go back in, and planning a few very subtle mods.

Had a brief scan through the topics and have already found some great information :grin: :grin:

Hello and welcome to the Forum. It's good to hear of another low mileage car getting looked after :)
Barry

Excellent - good luck with it. Mine is SORN’d for the winter also which will hopefully slow the rust. There is a company who reproduce Puma sills - Expressed Steel Panels. I’d like to order some soon myself to future proof my Puma (when my wife isn’t looking..)
Will

Thanks Fanwheel!!

I don't think my Puma would survive a winter, I think it would dissolve :lol:
It has had both the rear 1/4 sill repaired already, one was a quality repair with the bad metal chopped out, and the other was done before i bought it, its terrible, metal welded ontop of rust, and incredibly untidy, as is a repair to the inner arch by the suspension arm, it still has welding flex stuck to it!

Im hoping there all going to be easily fixed

Nice to see a Magnum Thunder getting a little love!

I used to have one but unfortunately I had to scrap it. In around 12 months it had totally rusted out and was beyond economical repair.

Hmmm... Pumas and rust. :-( I dread to think what state mine will be in after a few months of splashing through the salted roads of Cheshire. Just this morning noticed a little bubble and slight discolouration on a wheel arch. Here we go again...

Latest posts

Back