New puma owner discovered a lot of rot !!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denssity

Hi everyone can I ask if anyone has changed inner and outer sills before and how much it all cost?

Can’t give you a price as I’ve never bought one that bad unless I’m going to break it.Would imagine there must be other rot that you have not yet spotted ie floor.suspension mounts,bottom of front wings...it goes on.Try and get some pictures up and someone will be along to give you some answers.

I've checked the chassis and other than the vin number it looks ok I'm miffed how not one mot online picked up any corrosion must have been dodgy the wings and arches are rust free as is most of the bodywork

I'm gonna save it from the ball wrecker my project

Attachments

• 2018-01-10 09.37.07.jpg
    2018-01-10 09.37.07.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 3,129
denssity said:
[post]367089[/post] I've checked the chassis and other than the vin number it looks ok I'm miffed how not one mot online picked up any corrosion must have been dodgy the wings and arches are rust free as is most of the bodywork
How much did you pay for the car?

If your ok with a mig welder and have patience it won't be as daunting as you might think, the biggest thing you'll need is a suitable place that's sheltered from the elements because we all know how the weather can change. Your time is your biggest cost so if you have the two you'll get there don't rush, sorry if it sounds like I'm talking down to you its just when you look on places like eBay you read listings of abandoned projects with "lost interest " or "too many projects". Try and set yourself a realistic time to work within

Latest posts

Back