1.4 starter project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdrianPMN

So relatively big jump for me, never worked on a restoration project before and only ever done basic maintenance on a 2007 Citroen c1(don’t judge) but- got myself a 1.4 litre 2000 reg puma and have fallen in love with her.

Engine block is solid as she drove 20 miles happily from the seller to me, brakes need a touch up, some tlc is required aesthetically but this will come.

What I’m wondering is, where do you guys get your parts? And would some parts ie a bonnet latch for a 1.7 fit my 1.4? Many thanks in advance

Welcome to the site, nearly every physical part is interchangeable between a 1.7 and 1.4. It's normally model years that have the main differences, there were notable changes between the early circa 1997-1998 models and the 1999 onwards but there's no real definitive cut-over point. i.e. the floorpan was changed which means the seat runners are slightly different, different fusebox layout etc etc.

[ref]Ian G[/ref] is a solid source of good second hand parts.

Good luck.

red said:
the floorpan was changed which means the seat runners are slightly different

Yes, the seat runners are different in respect that the early seats had 'tophats' which were essentially like a riser to bring the mounting points higher, whereas the later seats had the mounting point extending down to the floor.
So... if you can put later seats without the tophats in to an earlier Puma with the tophats removed, then wouldn't the floorpan be the same... as the bolt spacing for the tophats are the same as the later seats/runners. :-D

It sounds good, but it was definitely changed. From my now rather hazy memory of the subject, initially it was MK3.5 Fiesta based and then moved to MK4.

I think the main concern was that the rear mat set wouldn't fit between models :grin:

red said:
[post]367970[/post]I think the main concern was that the rear mat set wouldn't fit between models :grin:

Now you mention it yes there was a change. Sorry, I assumed you mentioning the floor change was in respect of the seat mounting...

Latest posts

Back