Rear arches

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divingtopps63

Hi - I’m new to this site and really need some advice I’ve got a 1999 1.7 Puma and like all Pumas the rear arches are deteriorating... As I’m keeping the car would like to get the arches repaired permanently and not just ‘plodded’ with filler
Does anybody know if the rear arch panels are available and is there a decent welder in SE Essex area Southend/Basildon/Wickford
Thanks in advance

Hi and weclome.

I've had the inner and outer rear arches on mine repaired - they actually refabricated the arches from steel rather than fitting ready-made panels. Two years after the repair the left-side began to go rusty again. My local chaps who repaired it initially had another look - and concluded that it is imperative to get the folded metal of the outer and inner shells tightly pressed and sealed, otherwise dirt and water collects and starts the whole process again. So, the left-side of mine was repaired again and is perfect. They warned me that the right-side may start going again due to the repair they'd done - and this winter it has. My Puma will be back with them soon for this to be rectified.

Not sure of any bodyshops in your area, but as long as they repair the arches like the second attempt on mine you should be fine.

Good luck.

Is it not possible to get to the inside by removing some trim and squirting it with wax? I was hoping to do that on mine.

Have a read through this link. It has a few pics of my Puma that might help. If you don't have any rust coming through the wheel-arch yet, you may find it better to spray the inner arch joints before applying the wax:
http://www.pumapeople.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=97645

Hi I am new to the Puma owners club but wanted to share some images of our Puma which we are entering into this years Real Rally 2018. We have brought the Puma and are in the process of a complete refurb, We also had some rust issues on the arches. The rust fortunately is not too bad we have removed the rust and treated it now we have applied filler and once sanded to the correct profile
31253085_10215477011895129_2103423214892875776_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back