New to forum, fiesta mk5 zs owner

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

st220kyle

Hi, New to the forum,
Ive had a mk5 fiesta zetec s for a few years now nearly. It was bought with the intention of modifying it so i have just bought a cheap 1.7 puma to use as a donor for an engine conversion. Ive heard this is the place to be for anything puma related, especially now as the zsoc forum has been closed down.
Cheers
Kyle

Hi Kyle and welcome to the forum!

ZSOC is closed..!?!? Blimey.

I own a Mk5 Fezza ZetecS with a Puma lump. It's pretty darn nippy! :grin:

Thanks all,
I wondered if i was going to get some stick on here for using a running puma as a donor, but it was a decent price and arches had started to go. Does seem a bit of a shame, but it was cheaper than buying an engine on its own.

Glad to hear they go well after the conversion, I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions to ask here as i progress along

st220kyle said:
I wondered if i was going to get some stick on here for using a running puma as a donor

Hmm... I wouldn't say you would get 'some stick' as it were but I get the impression some members seem to be a bit... protective over the Puma and don't necessarily agree with people using Puma parts on other cars. :wink:

I think FRP parts in a fiesta is still a sensitive matter, but now days so many regular Pumas are scrapped I don't think anyone will mind a Puma 1.7 lump ending up in a Fiesta shell :grin:

An FRP engine in fiesta would be nice,really nice! But cost wise its not really justified.

I paid £300 for my 2002 puma in average condition with a worn clutch and 10mths MOT, that's cheaper than most complete engines I've seen for sale, but i was able to hear it running beforehand and drive it away.
Because of its value and the rusty arches i don't think taking its engine is much of a drama, i agree it would be sacrilege to break up a mint low mileage rust free example though.

Hello, and welcome.
Yours wouldn't be the first engine transplant, and having a complete donor car makes good sense no matter the project (typr-r donor anyone)
Some members might well frown upon the sacrilidge of killing another puma but I doubt very much anyone will have a pop.
What I will suggest though..
Is that before you break the donor car up. Drive it.
It will confirm any problems it may have..
But, more importantly, you get to try the puma out.
imho, they are a much better car than the fiesta. 😉
Stu...

Latest posts

Back