Looking to buy a 1.7

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WalkableBuffalo

Hey there
Been trying to decide on what I wanted for my next car and always liked the look of the Puma as well as it's bigger brother.
Still a student (just barely) so think it would be decent project and on the cheaper end of things.
So keeping my eyes peeled for the one

Welcome to our site WalkableBuffalo,

You've definitely come to the right place for historical information about these cars.

The Cougar (Not Kuga) and Puma (Not MKII) are very different cars, both have great styling but they were built for different purposes from different bases. The Puma is small and nimble, it feels light to drive, the Cougar is big and more suited to cruising down the motorways. So it depends what you're looking for :)

The Puma can definitely be a budget car depending on how you approach it, low buy prices around make them appealing but you need to be careful to see how much MOT they have and take a good look around to see if it's likely to need welding to pass the next one (It's not a deal breaker but these cars are getting older and they can suffer from tin worm).

There's a buyers guide in the top of the forum, take a read and let us know how you get on. (Assuming you choose the Puma path)

Cheers Red :)
What I think I want to drive still fluctuates week to week, something small, still a little practical, and fun to drive is where I'm heading at the moment. Hence the Puma.
I knew about the Kuga but funny that ford introduces a new Puma just as I'm looking for the old one.

Latest posts

Back