Hello from Holland!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PVB507

Hi folks!

Since 6 months, I own a blue Puma 1.6, first registred in 2003. I know production ended in 2001, so this one has been sitting in stock for 1-2 years probably :wink: It's also the last Puma registered in The Netherlands, according to license plate data.

It's a an absolute blast to drive! So happy with it, light, quick in the corners, fun to drive. And also cheap to run, no major faults up till this date (apart from the obvious rust on the rear wheel arches). And all that with almost 290,000 km on the odometer!

However, recently the engine started making knocking noises. Went to the local shop, diagnosis: broken big end bearings or crankshaft bearings. So that's a bit of a bummer. I hope it will run till Saturday, because I will go to the Ring with it for a proper send-off.

Here are some pics

DSC-0077.jpg

DSC-0050.jpg

Welcome, are you planning to replace the engine later on?

I think it's a bit of a risk taking it to the ring with big end bearing issues, isn't it expensive to get recovered from there?

Thanks for your message red!

This morning I started driving to work with it, but the noise is so bad I turned around. So you're right: I shouldn't take it to the Ring. Recovery on the ring is expensive, yes. I will still go, but with another car.

Anyway, I think it's goodbye for the Puma then. Already looking at something else (not a Puma, but a Clio RS).

Well that was a brief visit :grin: if you do decide to keep your Puma then let us know how you're getting on!

Latest posts

Back