Gear knob removal

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neviiim

I'm about to break my wrists yet the gear knob won't move a single unit even when I twist it like a mad man (to the left ofc..) so any tips are welcomed.

They are not usually that tight , however try using a pair of marigold washing up gloves, as they often give extra grip for similar items e.g stuck light bulbs in a light fitting

Failing that you could try one of those nylon strap wrenches for getting oil filters off, as you turn the ratchet it tightens the strap. If it slips you could put a bit of old inner tube in to help it stay put.

it's stock) thanks for the tips, I managed to remove it with gloves for better grip

I'm surprised I found them available still as I have a pair of these actual gloves (below - sorry for the big pictures) which are now 7 years old and are fantastic for tricky things that need unscrewing or any other job for that matter (I do my gardening/diy/car with them). Nice & light and don't make general jobs cumbersome at all but give ample protection, most of the time. Perfect for car/house DIY etc. I got them free but going by a quick search to check if they were still being made I see they are supercheap anyway. (Link to price etc - https://www.safetygloves.co.uk/ace-grip-red-general-purpose-latex-coated-gloves.html)

ace-grip-red-general-purpose-latex-coated-gloves-10.jpg

I also have a pair of these exact ones (below) that I got free from the same place/same time which are even cheaper - they are thinner too, have less coating and are ideal for more intricate work. I still have those too which is astounding given the much lighter construction of them. To be fair, neither have really had that much use. (Link to price etc - https://www.workgloves.co.uk/supertouch-electron-pu-coated-work-gloves.html)

supertouch-electron-pu-coated-work-gloves-black.jpg

I'm pretty sure you could get these or similar from most, if not all diy shops etc

Latest posts

Back