New old user

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enxebre

So... a while ago (one or two years) i had in my mind the idea to buy a Ford Puma but, due my phisical constitution, I was pretty sure than i wouldn't fit in it, so I dismissed the posibility, and deleted the account from this forum.

Right now, I'm entertaining the posibility again, even if i'm still pretty sure than I won't fit in it, cause I'm 1.92 m tall (about 6 feet 3 inches), but I want to try to get into one and knowing for a fact.

They have suprisingly a lot of space over your head once you sit inside.

I got 1.89m and the only height problem I have is banging my head over an edge of the hood when I work on the engine.

Still, try to test drive someone's puma just to make sure)

5'7" here. I have the seat height nearly on max so I don't look like such a shortarse!

Not sure how much scope there is to modify seat to give more headroom because the sliding rails are fairly 'integral' to the seat frame.

I'd have thought you will be ok on legroom though, as long as you're not carrying passengers in the rear too often.

In my Celica which has a sunroof I've adopted a 'reclined' driving position to manage the headroom, though I admit it wouldn't suit everyone.

I'm 6' and my brother is 6'2 - I did over 50k miles in a standard Puma with him as a regular passenger ok. We both owned Racing editions with no problems either and they don't have any heat adjustment in the Sparco seats.

One of my best friends is 1.98m and he fits comfortably in both passenger and driver’s seat.
The only thing I can think of is if you have relatively long, loooong legs, it might be a tad tight.
The height of the roof I don’t see any potential issues with.

If you’re ever in my neighborhood, you’re welcome to have a seat in mine to try.

Hi, I am 1.85m and it´s one of the things that I dislike about this car, in my case I don´t have problem with legroom but I would like to have more headroom. I have the standard seats and I removed the driver's one to try to solve it because the lever was not working and I thought that it was the reason.
But after disassemble it,clean and grease the mechanism I wasn't able to lower the seat more. I see that other people say that it's not an issue for them, don't know if there are different seats for the standard Puma.

Latest posts

Back