New guy on the block, with a block story!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uxter

Hiya

Just thought I would relay my schoolboy error for those who may also venture that way.

Our recently purchased Puma needed a replacement engine (we bought it knowing this) after I had priced for a rebuild at an eye wateringly close to £1000 cost, so I blundered onto ebay thinking if I got a 1.4 Zetec S engine of a similar vintage that all would be tickety boo.

Not so, if your in the same boat as me, check your engine codes, original engine was an FHD code, I bought an FHA code, same power output, same name, same age (allegedly) the engine is in good nick but the drive shat carrier is completely different, the blocks different, the timing belts completely different....get the picture?

So let my impatience be your warning, I have sourced through Find-a-part, a(nother) replacement with the right code, £235 inc vat & delivery, 62K and two month warranty from Direct Engines in Paisley, I will let you know how the heart transplant goes.

Also my garage sourced me an uprated "sports" clutch for around £20 more than standard...which is nice

thats an annoying story, hope you can sell the engine on and your own is up and running soon!

that I am not sure of yet, been more tied up with the engine, put my trust in the garage as they have an interest in cars (doesnt happen as much as you would hope) but I will get the info, I suspect its probably a mildly uprated OEM type item, but one of my kids has cost me too much money along with the second engine for me to go the ST or sachs option

where can you find your engine code mate as I am doing this soon. I want a lower milage engine

Latest posts

Back