Hi all!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puman Being

Hi everyone,

Just bought me 1st Puma

need to get hold of a few niggly things,some small teething problems etc...
nothing serious

Fantastic cars these aint they?

Cheers

:cool:

They are indeed :)

Welcome to the site, hope you enjoy your stay here.

If you have any questions about anything then there should be somewhere to post it up here even if it isn't puma related etc.

Need any help with any of the niggles?

Welcome Puman Being - love the name! :funny:

Teething problems are easy to fix.. just let us know and we'll do our best to help

:)

your probly best to post in each section then people wont miss them,

for example engine stuff, wheels, etc.

hope this helps :)

Post either in here, general, or as Mike has said in the other relevant sections if you feel they fit.

The FAQ is mainly for things that have been asked before that we turn into a kind of centre for finding answers rather than asking questions however if you feel something vital is missing then post it in the FAQ and we will do our best to come up with something useful :)

Hi,thanks for the warm welcome!

the faults are just niggly things really,

My first problem is ive only got one key (1997 R-reg it has 2 buttons on it) the puma handbook says you need 2 if you want anymore doing? the key i have works fine but its really useful to have a spare

2. I wound the passenger window half way down when i first bought it,then it wouldnt go up or down,doesnt sound like the motor is trying at all so am i right in assuming its the motor which has gone? How much should i pay for one of these,and is it the same as the one you would find in a Fiesta?

theres a few bits & pieces im after which ive posted about in the wanted section,ill have to go to a scrapyard and see if they have any of these ace cars in there to get some bits off.

cheers

I hope you didn't pay a lot for your puma with this many problems. Did you know they were there before you handed your cash over?

Cherie said:
I hope you didn't pay a lot for your puma with this many problems. Did you know they were there before you handed your cash over?

I think the motor just happened to go as soon as i bought it,as it did go down to start with,but i stopped it half way,and that was that!
He failed to mention the wet floor at the passenger side though :(
i wasnt aware the car should have 2 keys till i read the owners hand book

Paid £1300 for it,mot till dec , taxed end feb , done 87k
does that sound alright?

Puman Being said:
He failed to mention the wet floor at the passenger side though :(

That'll be your bulkhead grommet not fitting correctly most probably located at the back of the engine bay to the near side:
Grommet off:
grommetoff.jpg

Grommet on:
bulkheadgrommet.jpg

Latest posts

Back