hi there!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikey

just registered!

I live in the Peak District and im currently looking for a 1.7 - nice looking forum you have here

Hi Mikey :)

Welcome along and good luck with your search. Any questions you have whilst looking about, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Don't forget to look through the information in 'sticky' posts at the top of this page for good background reading:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewforum.php?f=13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As well as the frequently asked questions section here:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewforum.php?f=6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As they'll be some you look at no doubt with a few simple faults that you could get money knocked off for, that are easy to replace / fix. (Heater control valve springs to mind)

Welcome to the site Mikey! :)

Peak District, nice! Are you looking for anything in particular?

As Dal has said if you have any questions then please feel free to ask!

Mikey - what are you looking for? How much can you spend?

We'll keep our eyes out for good buys for you

:eek:k:

Im after a 1.7 in a decent colour - blue, silver or black being my choice - id even go for a yellow one

Im spending £2.5 - £3k and im expecting a 99-2000 for that.

If it has quickclear air-con and cd that would be great, and I prefer propellors to the multi-spokes although its not a deal breaker. Prefer it was less than 80k miles and would like FSH if possible and the cam belt to have been done.

If you see anything decent let me know - cheers in advance!

ooo the last one in the selection looks very tempting!

Mudguards all round protecting the body (hopefully)
Cambelt change, description is plentiful which is always a good sign!

Mileage and year are nice!

Dal said:

the first one looks good and ive noted it - just seems to have been on sale a long time?

didnt like the wheels on the second one and theres a question about the mileage

Im liking the third one

I went to look at the fourth one last night - it drove superbly, but there were too many issues with the bodywork

Good to see your on the case!

:eek:k:

EDIT : just looked at that 3rd one again... Be careful as the title says 1.7, yet the description says 1.6....

Sometimes the age of the advert might not mean much. Selling vehicles is always difficult. Always best just to go and have a look if you are interested. You will soon tell if it is worth while or not after a quick nosey.

The cambelt is always a tricky one because a lot of places are still using the interval in the book which is 10 years or 100k so any in you criteria may not have had it done although the interval was amended to 5 years / 80k later on.

Sometimes it is a good bargaining tool as you should be able to get around £300/£400 off for the work and then you can get it done at a garage of your choice.

EDIT: When i looked at my first Puma it was advertised as a 1.6 with 64k on it on Autotrader, when I went to see it, it was a 1.7 with 46k on it. I didn't complain and bought it!

red said:
ooo the last one in the selection looks very tempting!

Mudguards all round protecting the body (hopefully)
Cambelt change, description is plentiful which is always a good sign!

Mileage and year are nice!

yeah - looks great in the advert doesnt it? - it a was huge letdown and a 3 hour round trip.

I wish he had mentioned all the bad points and not just the good ones

Yeah that is irritating. I found my silver Puma showed up stone chips quite alot on the doors.

the roadster went today and ive now got cash money for a Puma

Im looking at either a millennium or a 99 melina blue this weekend

Selling can be hard work. When I sold mine (one owner from new, excellent condition, full service history, cambelt done, aircon regasssed, new MOT etc) I had very few calls. It was higher than average miles which I guess put people off, but this was reflected in the price.

Still ended up with £1k more than was offered on PX. Knowing the car, I couldn't have let it go for that!

I had hoped to sell it to someone on PP <_< but despite a bit of interest it ended up being sold on Auto Trader

I have 99 Melina blue :)

Good luck with the viewings, the millenniums are nice.

Back