parcel shelf fix

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demonskull13

hi all as you all will know about the parcel shelf problem of it keeps coming out of its runners,some people have used cloths pegs ect but i have worked out a permenant fix all you will need is your parcel shelf and a hot glue gun avalible from ebay for
£4.50 its called babz glue gun it is a very easy fix.

first heat up the glue gun

then wrap the insides of the stopers with hot glue so its as big as the tip.

then tidyly wrap it round the inside so it looks like below

and below the finished parcel shelf

then just put it back in your puma dont worry about the looks its un noticeable and if you dont like it or get it wrong you can cut the glue back off. now your parcel shelf shouldnt rattle and it is fully operational if you think its to loose just add extra glue until your happy and any lumps you have can be cut with a craft knife. i hope this helps people out also when you open the boot now it doesnt slide out like mine used to.

Jason

:thumbs: :pose2: :eek:k:

hi i tried to copy everything across from my car project but it didnt do the photos so you will need to go to project puma mk2 1.7 melina blue to see the pictures

jason

Self amalgamating tape from cpc or maplin does the same job.

I also put 10mm grommets around the string pegs - stops the string from coming off.

Latest posts

Back