leather seat upgrade

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demonskull13

hi i have been looking into getting leather seats for a while now but always see them £100-£150+
then i saw some on facebook for £80 so asked where he was ect. then friday looked on facebook and he had lowered the price to £40 as he wanted them gone asap so phoned and he was i derby so arranged to pick them up so worked out how to get as much space as i could in my puma took rear seats out and front door cards as small jobs. so i went to derby and managed to get all the leather seats and doorcards in very tight sqeeze also he gave me 2 boot carpets one thick and one thin he said they come like that but never encountered it before so had those aswell. today fitted all into the puma .
sorry no photos as camera isnt working anyway straight forward job hardest was to sort out the rear seat belts. any questions please ask and i will help if poss.
The only problem i had was at the end when refitting the airbag sensor it was a different design so cut heads off resoldered connections but when i put my battery back on the airbag light was flashing .
so am thinking i got wires wrong way round if not what could it be? i will swap one around at a time tommorrow to find out.
will this affect my airbags? or still work same except seat connections?

Thankyou to anyones advice

Jason
:p :roll:

If the heads of the connectors are different it means the tensioners are likely different which is why it flashes. The easiest fix is to swap the tensioners from your original seats afaik.

The tensioners changed at some point around 2000 iirc

cheers red found out the older models are harder to take seat belt and tensioner out as you have to flex it back whilst unsrewing the star head but the newer seats had a cutaway so can access it easer all done now swaped over now ive got a complete set of seats and door cards for sale for £10.
sorry still no photos waiting for my phone to come back

jason

:pose: :eek:k:

The two seat belt pre-tensioners are completely different mechanisms.
The early versions are explosive, like an air-bag). The later ones pre-tensioned springs.
If your looking for some early pretensioners I have a pair spare which will be on fleabay soon..

trublustu said:
[post]347161[/post] The two seat belt pre-tensioners are completely different mechanisms.
The early versions are explosive, like an air-bag). The later ones pre-tensioned springs.
If your looking for some early pretensioners I have a pair spare which will be on fleabay soon..
Thanks for the offer but I was trying to say I've put the old tensioner on to my newer leather seats so all working fine and am selling my old seats for £10 if anyone interested but it would be collection only!

Jason

:twisted:

i done my leather seat upgade a while ago but phone broke so couldnt take any photos but i now have my phone back and working
so hears some photos of them front below

and rear below

and my centre console is comming on nice below

just thought i would put a photo of under the hood up aswell below

if your wondering what the peice of wood on the fusebox is for its for when i dissconect the battery i place it on the negative terminal and wires on top just stops the wires coming down onto the terminals when im working on the car kind of a safty feature.

Jason

:twisted: :pose2: :eek:k:

Look good, especially at that price!

Much lighter than my rear seat, almost silvery. Either way, it looks good and your motor has come a long way since you've had it. Well done.

[image]5270[/image]

Frank said:
[post]348870[/post] Look good, especially at that price!

Much lighter than my rear seat, almost silvery. Either way, it looks good and your motor has come a long way since you've had it. Well done.

[image]5270[/image]

cheers frank

Jason

:twisted: :pose2: :eek:k:

Take a look at this re: seat belt pretensioner: http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=28666

Latest posts

Back