boot solinoid & rear bumper removal

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demonskull13

hi my boot solinoid has finally packed up for good
so we have to take the rear bumper off
first take boot linning out
you will have a bolt i think it was 8mm where the bumper joins the body undo both sides first
then you have 4 more nuts to undo 2 quite high in the boot with longish bolts and 2further down towards the sides
you can see the 4 holes where nuts and bolts were below they are grey squares with a cross through then 2 sides can be poped out of clip before you yank it off theres 1 electrical clip behind bumper so dissconnect so dont get brocken

then i checked for rust and found 3 tiny rust spots which were just surfacce rust so wire brushed them and used hammeright rust kill on them

hammeright treated below

then mask off anywhere where there could be overspray and use some underbody sealent to protect under here for a long time

then spray the underseal where you want it i done intire botom but didnt go all the way up about halfway

with the bumper off you can see 2 screws for the boot solinoid directally above the toe eye sorry no photos coulnt get the camerea to go around backdisconnect wires and pull out reattach cable pretty straight forward then test solinoid if all okay put bumper back on
and below is the underseal i used

sorry cant take blame for anyone who attemps this and gets it wrong

i hope this helps people out as i coulnt find any where to take the bumper and solinoid off so what i did i am sharing with you

Jason

:thumbs: :pose2: :eek:k:

Latest posts

Back