fix stuck gear selector

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demonskull13

Hi all just changed the clutch in my puma and had flywheel skimmed and put a focus clutch in anyway.
so put everthing back together and the selector in the gearbox was sezed,
with help i found out how to fix this :
Very simple really undo the filler plug a few turns and also the drain plug then the selector will be fine.:
i know it sounds confussing as the filler at the front of the box and selector is in the rear but this worked for me:
i found this out from someone who had the same issue as me and found what to do by chance he had put new seals in and everthing till he found this out:
So if anyone has a sezed selector i advice to try this as only takes a few seconds to back the allen key bolt and drain plug out.
When i was trying to fix this i looked on hear for help and found a few people thought they had a bent selector that i thought mine could be that but wasnt so maybe if they had tried this it could have worked for them to.
so Anyway i hope this helps anyone else with a sized selector as it costs nothing.
So with that done with mine My puma (christine) is back on the road again.

Jason

:p :cool: :thumbs: :eek:k:

As i had the flywheel skimmed and complete new clutch it is better than ever very soft and performs great and i had planned in advance so had bought a second hand flywheel to get skimmed so the car would be off the road for a shorter time!

Latest posts

Back