black diamond braided brake lines front

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demonskull13

hi all im putting black diamond brakelines on my puma and so far have done the fronts
you will need

13mm brake line spanner for where pipe joins hose

small flathead screwdriver to take clip out

17mm spanner for big bolt on new brake lines

15mm socket to take clamp off suspension

11mm brakeline spanner for where hose goes into caliper

clingfilm for brake resivoir

dot 4 brake fluid

and a chisel to open old clamp up to pull old hose out and put around new braided line

to start with go around with wd40 to help undo everything
below wd40 on 11mm hose

then wd40 on clamp

then wd40 on pipe to hose

then undo all very slightly so you will know they all will undo when changing
pipe to hose 13mm

clamp 15mm

then pull clip out with flathead screwdriver

clamp off

then with all else undone spin hose out of caliper have braided line ready to go straight back on the black diamond have 2 long lines and 2 shorter note the longer are for the front

braided line into caliper

then braided line into pipe make sure it flows same way as origonal hose put clip in and tighten bolt

seperate origonal clamp from hoses i put in a vice and chseled them out didnt mark them but would not have mattered as they get chucked away anyway

put bracket back on pop braided line in clamp with pliers macking sure there where you want them they had a rubber coler on saying black diamond so put that where it goes through the clamp

then bleed the brakes

i forgot to say take top off the resivoir at the start and create vacum with cling film so youll loose less brake fluid

this is how i done mine i cant take any responsibility if someone does it wrong as i worked it out this way myself.

hope this helps people i will put the rears on here when i manage to do them.

Jason

:p :thumbs: :eek:k:

Latest posts

Back