How to put your digital display into diagnostic mode

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red

Administrator
Staff member
Instructions on how to unlock your digital display:

Difficulty: 1/5

Time: 5 mins

Tools: N/A

Parts: N/A

Procedure:

1.With ignition off, hold down the trip mileage button and start the engine, keeping it held down.

2.After a couple of seconds the word ‘test’ will appear.

3.Now release the mileage reset button and use this to scroll through the various readings.

Functions

1 Gauge Test
2 Dial Test
3 Bulb Test
4 Diagnostic Check (Pass displayed)
5 Diagnostic Check (Pass displayed)
6 Clock Type (shows "date 44" if UK)
7 Diagnostic Check
8 Speed MPH (sped E displayed)
9 Speed KPH
10 Revs (rpm)
11 Fuel (estimated miles left on current fuel level)
12 Engine Type (Petr displayed)
13 Temp of Engine (Approx : P46 , C090 when warmed up)
14 Battery Voltage (Approx 14 when running)
15 Diagnostic Check
16 LCD Display
18-30 Diagnostic Checks

Notes:

This will only work with the later models sporting the Digital Odometer.
To turn this setting off, simply turn the ignition off.

DTC Codes:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewforum.php?f=107" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's a guy doing it on his Fiesta (same dash)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0Ctx6r-IMQ[/youtube]

if there were anything wrong with the car will this let you know please get back to me thanks looking to buy puma 2moro

Then you aren't doing it properly. Make sure that the trip button stays held down from ignition pos 1 until well after the engine is started.

dash dtc codes

dashdtc.JPG

also slight innacuracy about the fuel one its volume left not miles left

sorry if this is off topic but i thought this was going to say "How to put your digital clocks back 1hr" HAHAHA

Hi,

I would like to ask the meaning of the P at the part:

"13 Temp of Engine (Approx : P46 , C090 when warmed up)"

The C stands for Celsius of I'm right, but I can't figure out the P.

This may also help:

Odometer Display Description
GAGE Activates gauge sweep of all gauges, then displays present gauge values. Also carries out the checksum tests on ROM and EE. If the gauge sweep is inoperative, INSTALL a new instrument cluster.
All segments illuminated Illuminates all odometer segments. If any odometer segment is inoperative INSTALL a new instrument cluster.
bulb Illuminates all micro-controlled indicators and LEDs. Install a new indicator or LED as necessary.
r Returns to normal operation of all micro-controlled indicators and LEDs and displays hexadecimal value for ROM level. (used when requesting assistance from the hotline). If alternating flashes for FAIL and ROM level are displayed, INSTALL a new instrument cluster.
EE Displays the hexadecimal value for EE level (used when requesting assistance from hotline). If alternating flashes of FAIL and EE level are displayed replace instrument cluster.
dt Displays hexadecimal coding of final manufacturing test date (used when requesting assistance from hotline).
dtc Displays continuous DTC's in hexadecimal format. Pressing the SELECT/RESET button will display any DTCs stored before proceeding to the next step.
enG Displays the English speed in MPH. Speedometer will indicate present speed within tolerances. Display will show 0 if input in not received. If input is invalid for one second or more, or if speed is 0.
m Displays the metric speed data in kph. Speedometer will indicate present speed within tolerances. Display will show 0 if input in not received. If input is invalid for one second or more, or if speed is 0.
tAc Displays the tachometer data received from the PCM via the SCP network within tolerances. Tachometer will indicate present RPM. Display will show 0 if input is no received, if input received is invalid for one second or more, or if engine RPM is 0.
FUEL Displays the code (0-255) for the fuel sender input to the HEC. The fuel gauge will display a filtered fuel level value. This filter will keep the pointer from moving suddenly or erratically.
255 open send +/- 0
232 full stop +/- 0
215 Full mark +/- 10
178 3/4 mark +/- 8
138 1/2 mark +/- 7
93 1/4 mark +/- 5
41 E mark +/- 4
54 Low Fuel (0-59)
0-18 short (0-20 max)

OIL Displays the code (0-250) for the oil pressure switch input to the HEC. Oil pressure gauge will indicate present oil pressure. Normal oil pressure (greater than 6psi) will display a value between 000 and 176. A low oil pressure or an inoperative engine oil pressure switch (less than 6 psi) will display a value greater than 176.
dEGC Display of engine temperature in Degrees C input from cylinder head temperature sensor.
49 C "C" mark
60 C Normal band start
120 C Normal band end
-40 C No SCP message for 5 seconds

bAtt Displays the code (0-255) for the battery voltage input to the HEC. Battery voltage gauge will indicate present battery voltage.
93-102 6.2-9.1 volts, low voltage
115-124 8.5-10.7 volts, Normal band start
215-225 15.8-18 volts, Norm band end
230-241 16.9-19.1 volts, high voltage

rhEo Displays the present decimal rheostat dimming input, 0-255 (used when requesting assistance from the hotline)
rhi
rhS
rho Not used.
Cr Displays the current RUN/START sense input. Display will show -h for high input with the ignition switch in the START position and -L for low input with the ignition switch in the RUN position.
PA-PE7 not used.
GAGE Repeats the display cycle

sccc said:
Hi,

I would like to ask the meaning of the P at the part:

"13 Temp of Engine (Approx : P46 , C090 when warmed up)"

The C stands for Celsius of I'm right, but I can't figure out the P.

I too would like to know this, if anyone has an idea?

Hi Hannah
This maybe of help, however the inbuilt Dash stuff is pretty meaningless tbh.

https://www.outilsobdfacile.com/data-trouble-code-obd2.php

If you have an issue with your car , feel free to P'm me .
alternatively purchase a hand held scanner made by Autel for actual fault codes , they start from £13 on ebay.

You can use it on any OB2 car that you purchase in the future .
Personally I would research your selection as the dearer Autel scanners do have more functions .

Roomy said:
13 Temp of Engine (Approx : P46

Google seems to suggest we are the only site on the Internet with an example of Engine Temp (Some Fiesta sites make reference to the option etc)

I guess only someone at Fords could explain what "P46" might refer to

Thanks DOH its not an issue with mine it is just a question that was asked in the group so I was just asking if anyone knew.

Regards H

Latest posts

Back