FLOWED MAFs & THROTTLE bodies for sale / exchange guide

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko

i have flowed my own maf and throttle bodies...a few people have got wind of this so iv done them one....now everyone wants one!!! im not saying it adds more power but it def makes the car feel a bit more fruity! other people have loved it so il let them explain better...

Basically im happy to do the work for a tenner a pop if you supply the parts or you can promise on curse of death i get your old one back AND ITS MINT!

will also add a guide for those who want to have a go....

1- maf
2- throttle body
3- who wants one (if i dont write it down somewhere il forget!!!)
4-general chat

how to flow the maf;

i do this on a lathe with a boring tool

inlet angle; 20 degrees
outlet angle; 20 degrees

can be done with a dremel & sanding bobbin or a file
your basically trying to remove as many 'steps' or blunt edges as possible
DO NOT REMOVE THE CENTRE LUMP!!!! your car wont idle!!!!!
the inlet and outlet want to be as 'sharp' as possible to guide the air in
it is a bit tricky to know how much to take off....mine look like they can have more off but iv experimented and the car will struggle to idle....

pic;

how to flow the throttle body;

same as above using a dremel at home etc
DO NOT EVER EVER GO ANYWHERE NEAR THE BRASS BUTTERFLY!!!!!!! your car will never idle...this MUST make an airtight seal so dont go anywhere near it!!!!!

i dont touch the outlet side unless im doing the same work to the inlet manifold as the 2 already mate very accurately...theres room to improve but ony if the 2 are done to match each other.
if i can get hold of an inlet manifold i may supply the 2 as a matched pair

i also highly recommend the mondeo 2.0L throttle body; you will need a spare puma tb to steal the linkage and springs off too tho....

How to swap 1.7 linkage onto 2.0 throttle body; effectively it is just a swap but iv found you will def have to redrill the big black plastic lump to 10.5mm at one end, 9.5mm all the way through
and (if you have a later one with flat spots on the spindle) you need to swap the plate with the square whole over.

who wants one;

scotty; maf; done
zara; maf; done
tyeboi; maf; done
scotty 1.7; tb; done / waiting swap
mrpark3r;tb; done; posted soon
steavie;tb & maf;paid;
steveR; tb? and maf?
scoobasteve

who was at fitp that wanted one?

who gave me the knackered throttle body! (been dremelled!!!!!) can use it for the spare linkage tho if anyone wants to do the mondeo thing

have one tb ready to ship, one to be done and a maf to be done....

Stevie Gave you the Throttle body me thinks, and i did stick my hand up for the Jacko TB

Happy to do the swao/work at Ford fair as well if want matey? (oh and pay then as well?)

yep, cool, will stick a note on it so i dont forget!!! he wants the smoked rear lights as well i think....

one more tb is ready to go... £10 plus postage (£3) and i want the old one back! in serviceable condition!! no dodgy ones bought off ebay or that youv already had a play with please!!!

lol 'JackoMod'!!!!!

Just thinking Jacko- If by some miricle i have got my over parts sorted (inlet painted)

Could we do a 'small' ammount of work at ford fair??

I'll drop thee a PM expalining my master paln

let me get this right, £13, plus my old inlet will get me one?

pretty interested, is inlet too much of a pain to remove?

throttle body not inlet....

im struggling to keep up at mo....form a que!!!!!

i would be interested in the mondeo Tb to be honest seen as tho no one else has tried it ill test it out :) i would also take a maf off you too if you can supply ill send my old ones to you once i fit the new kit.

i know your busy an i aint in no rush so just pm me when your ready :)

went to see scotty today and he advised me your results are top notch :)

when you take his old inlet manifold away from him ill take the full set off you if you want to do the full set ill test the results for you :)

iv got a mondeo throttle body on mine....fully tested!

got a few spares, waiting to send some out...then get them back...then itl all start again!!!

Latest posts

Back