What size are the windscreen wipers?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup - although some people sometimes use a bigger one on the drivers side and a smaller one on the passenger side.
That way you don't get an annoying drip come down right infront of you as the drivers one wipes across further ;)

Any recommendations? I need to replace mine but don't want fancy ones, just cheap ones that actually work :eek: if that's possible!!

I'm in favour of the Ford ones actually! (circa £15)

I bought some Tesco ones at lunch as an stopgap to replacing my Ford ones as they were quite bad.

Tesco ones aren't too bad and at £3.97 for a pair who can complain!?

I've used Wilko ones for a year now. Can't argue with £1.25 each. Last about 6 months without smearing.

:thumbs:

Bosch.

Medium priced, not fancy, nothing else performs so well or lasts so long

No brainer

£13 the pair here - inc delivery to your door

http://www.extremeautoaccessories.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ction=2104

That's bookmarked now. :)

Does anyone know if the new style of blades at the bottom of the page are any good?

Colin's got them I think. OK unless you got a bit quick apparently - then they start to "fly" IIRC

XIIVVX said:
Bosch.

Medium priced, not fancy, nothing else performs so well or lasts so long

No brainer

£13 the pair here - inc delivery to your door

http://www.extremeautoaccessories.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ction=2104

For that kinda money I could be pursuaded over to Bosch

Dal said:
For that kinda money I could be persuaded over to Bosch

I have tried many alternatives through the years - sometimes I've bought cheapos that were OK, then when I buy the next set of apparently the same blades they are useless and there is NOTHING more depressing than farting about in an accessory shop and then fitting the new blades only for them to go

SQWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

the first time you use them.

Col doesn't rate the flat ones in terms of performance...he is just a tart and likes the way they look :p

So...looks like I'll be getting Bosch ones. Stupid question - back wiper same blade size as front?!

I've got Ford ones on the Focus and the age indicator turned yellow 12 months ago, teling me that they needed changing. I have just ordered some bosch super plus replacements from ebay all 3 wipers delivered for £20. The ones they supplied for the XR were excellant quality, I can recommend Bosch and Ford(which I think may made by Bosch)

I've got Bosch ones (sourced from my local Ford dealer) and once you go above 85-90 they start to lift and judder across the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back