The £650 Puma

Do you have a Puma that is a project? Do you want to track the progress with your own thread? Feel free to do it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Frank
Project Petrol Head!
Project Petrol Head!
Model: 1.7

The £650 Puma

Post by Frank » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:03 pm

It's only a bad car park prang, not a death in the family. There's nothing there that can't be fixed if James wants to.

Choices are what we make - viewtopic.php?p=364559#p364559
2 x

Wild E. Coyote
Guru!
Guru!

The £650 Puma

Post by Wild E. Coyote » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:53 pm

That is a word, Frank! My thoughts exactly. No reason to abandon the car. I mean, the used spares are now really cheap, especially where you are, guys!
0 x

Jamesfrp333
Adolescent
Adolescent
Model: FRP

The £650 Puma

Post by Jamesfrp333 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:59 pm

Im not going to start stripping him Lee, if anything we want to make him better now in his time of need lol....

Ive kickstarted some loose plans for picking up a low milage analogue engine to possibly rebuild and get fitted, it ties in with my desire to get to know the ins and out of a puma 1.7 engine seeing as ive got a few projects that will in time all need work. Ive never touched them further than an oil filter, rocker cover gasket and a clutch if that counts :P

Saying that I did fit a 1.7 in my fiesta about a decade ago but I didnt rebuild it first and a lot of that info in the brain box is probably long lost by now..although you never know

if I can sort the engine then its exciting news for Jeggars future....
1 x

RoadWarrior
Adolescent
Adolescent

The £650 Puma

Post by RoadWarrior » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:12 pm

The analogue engines are "MHA" and the later models (late Y reg to '52) are "MHB" which has larger crank journals, which should translate in to a longer life in theory.

Also you'll need to make sure the engine wiring is the same on your digital model or you'll have connection problems to the fuel rail wiring etc.

Edit: Looks like yours is an R reg so analogue anyway.
0 x

Return to “ProjectPuma”