Project 24 Racing - Moesh by Streetperformance

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moesh

Hi guys

As I'm starting a project with my puma, I'd asked my bf to make an entire list of what has to be done on the puma to make it a circuit car/sprint car. This project is a three - year - project, as I finish university within three years normally. The plan is to get the car ready for driving next summer - but really finished after three years (but one year is enough to get it ready for some testing :))

Here you can find my list with all things needed to be changed:

Engine :
Stage I (street)

-Dreamscience
- Lightened/Balanced fully rebuild bottom end + head
- Piper 4-1 manifold
-Titanium X Exhaust System
-200 cell Sportkat
-Piper cams
-…

Stage II (track/sprint)

-Spare engine rebuild
-Full S1600 spec
-…

Gearbox :

-CTS/Quaife upgrade kit
-Quaife LSD
-Quickshift B&M
-…

Suspension :

-GAZ GGA Coilovers
-Deflex Poly Bushed all around
-Strut Braces
-…

Brakes :
Stage I

-Focus ST170/Fiesta ST150 Front + Rear Brake Conversion
-Goodridge Braided hoses

Stage II
-Hi-Spec 310/22mm Billet4

Wheels :

-Racing Puma wheels 7.5x17 (street)
-8x16 (Track-Sprint)

Body :

-Fully rebuild
-Roll-cage

I'll try to take as much pictures as I can during the working days on the car. I'm also keeping a "car-diary", as I'm a future journalist, and I want to write an article about it - with all evolutions etc, and hopefully someone will be interested in my project.

Regards

Spec looks spot on :eek:k:
(Although I wouldn't get Dreamscience - I'd get a more bespoke one with all those mods your proposing)

YES !!!

I finally started with some working on the pummie, together with a friend of mine, special thanks to him!

What did we do:

- Remove the 2 front seats (damn those electric wires are difficult to get out :D )
- Remove one part of the back seat - couldn't remove the thing where you sit on :? , any advice? We didn't find the pieces to get it loose...
- Remove the stayed money ... :-D

Next week: finish the rest! + pics

Can't wait to see it!

Look here for back seat:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=9822#9822" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

^^ that should do it ;)

Wohoo progress :D

You can post as many pictures as you like as you go along if you want to keep a diary of the progress etc? :)

hey. welcome to the site.

sounds like some project, cant wait to see everything you put into it.

all i can think is, why go for frp wheels?? they are heavy. if your going for the track look. go for speedlines, much lighter and will be benificial to the car.

good look with the car and look forward to seeing the progress develop

mikeFRP said:
hey. welcome to the site.

sounds like some project, cant wait to see everything you put into it.

all i can think is, why go for frp wheels?? they are heavy. if your going for the track look. go for speedlines, much lighter and will be benificial to the car.

good look with the car and look forward to seeing the progress develop

Well, the FRP wheels are for show - days and daily ones. At the moment I just put some black steel wheels underneath, because It's still under progress anyway, later on, maybe buy some compomotive wheels ...?

@ Pics: I hope I can borrow a camera next week from a mate or something :D , but I'll keep you guys up to date!

Regz

Good luck. Sounds a great plan to me. Also Volk might be worth a look, not sure if they're lighter than Compos though.

If you're going to sprint/race competatively you better make sure your car falls within the correct regulations or you could end up in a class you'd rather not be in :?

A while ago I decided to not go on circuit with the puma, maybe free riding, but not real races, as the car is too precious for me, and if something goes wrong, I'll never forgive myself.

So it'll be a daily + sprint car :cool:

Yes, yes yes !!!

Finally we're gonna switch the engines. Mine was broke, so we'll put a working one in it :p ...

Let the fun begin .... Next weekend!

Does it have the engine work done planned in the original post?

Do you have any pictures?

sounds like fun!

id def go for better management if your having a full rebuild....where are you getting the con rod bolts and crank bearing shells....there not available. iv heard some others can be machined to fit.....talk to tony at pumaspeed. s1600 spec? uv got seriously deep pockets; its £3k just for the throttle bodies! & no point forking out on the internals to rev to 9k if your not going to have the throttle bodies & management to let it do that....

compomotives are solid! oz are much lighter but they will look like 50p coins after a while. iv got 18 compo MOs & there built like a brick &*(^(&!

dunno about gaz....think a friendhad some & they lasted a month! & he went for bilstein

def rate hispec...they do all my frp bits.....

be careful with deflex....had one of there wishbone bushes & was awful....but then iv had an engine mount & it was awesome!

got a quaife diff; highly recommend! dunno about the gear kit tho as its straight cut; very loud! ie ear defenders loud!

titanium exhaust....wouldnt go that far on a ford but thats me! def post a pic of it tho as im a bit of a fetishist for titanium!

got the sportcat; def recommend but still use a decat....saves the sportcat

be careful putting the rear discs on.....its hard to get it to talk to the abs & without the abs there too powerful for the weight of the car.....so leave til uv got mega front stoppers or use a brake bias valve ( but that means re-plumbing the circuits or buying 2 valves (expensive) as its dual circuit. & if ur going that far def use braided hoses for all of it & bring them inside the car for safety)
def recommend ferrodo pads; mine in the frp are EVIL!!

keep us upto speed & any q's just ask....sounds like its going to be awesome! im still waiting to have the space ( & time!!) to shoehorn a v6 into mine, with 4x4 (fingers crossed!)

Woolley said:
So are you goig to do all the Stage 1 mods, then where there done go onto stage 2 ??

Stage 1 = Puma engine
Stage 2 = Cossie? :D
Stage 3 = Giant Bombe, LOL :drive:

jacko said:
sounds like fun!

id def go for better management if your having a full rebuild....where are you getting the con rod bolts and crank bearing shells....there not available. iv heard some others can be machined to fit.....talk to tony at pumaspeed. s1600 spec? uv got seriously deep pockets; its £3k just for the throttle bodies! & no point forking out on the internals to rev to 9k if your not going to have the throttle bodies & management to let it do that....

compomotives are solid! oz are much lighter but they will look like 50p coins after a while. iv got 18 compo MOs & there built like a brick &*(^(&!

dunno about gaz....think a friendhad some & they lasted a month! & he went for bilstein

def rate hispec...they do all my frp bits.....

be careful with deflex....had one of there wishbone bushes & was awful....but then iv had an engine mount & it was awesome!

got a quaife diff; highly recommend! dunno about the gear kit tho as its straight cut; very loud! ie ear defenders loud!

titanium exhaust....wouldnt go that far on a ford but thats me! def post a pic of it tho as im a bit of a fetishist for titanium!

got the sportcat; def recommend but still use a decat....saves the sportcat

be careful putting the rear discs on.....its hard to get it to talk to the abs & without the abs there too powerful for the weight of the car.....so leave til uv got mega front stoppers or use a brake bias valve ( but that means re-plumbing the circuits or buying 2 valves (expensive) as its dual circuit. & if ur going that far def use braided hoses for all of it & bring them inside the car for safety)
def recommend ferrodo pads; mine in the frp are EVIL!!

keep us upto speed & any q's just ask....sounds like its going to be awesome! im still waiting to have the space ( & time!!) to shoehorn a v6 into mine, with 4x4 (fingers crossed!)

One sentence: ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE :D
You should have a talk with my mechanic of service David, he works with his hands, I only tell him what I want :p

But I keep you updated :)

Still no transplantation :(, Pummie is very sick, but I think I'm getting a working puma on Valentine's day as a surprise :whistle: :wub:

Because my bf thinks a tuned puma engine will do to learn how to drive with high bhp, as I only drove with 60 bhp :shock:

Think he doesn't trust me yet with more then 220 + bhp 8)

Latest posts

Back