the black cat!!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby_zetec-s

hi everyone,

i bought my first puma today!!
been wanting one since i could drive but never could afford the insurence.
now my dream has come true lol
i found a mettalic black puma with only 56,000 miles on the clock full years mot and tax and full service history for £2000.
i had only seen pictures of it and fell in love first site lol.
when i went and saw it the love grew stronger haha (sounds perthetic i know).
i preety much took the guys hand off when he handed me the keys.
drove it and as soon as we got back to garage i pulled a wade of cash out and placed it in his hand.
and here is where i am now.
sat at home staring at it and thinking what am i gunna do to mod it?

here are some pics enjoy!!

ford-puma-coupe-1-7i-16v-3dr-2004092344-640x480.jpg

ford-puma-coupe-1-7i-16v-3dr-2004092402-640x480.jpg

ford-puma-coupe-1-7i-16v-3dr-2004092449-640x480.jpg

ford-puma-coupe-1-7i-16v-3dr-2004092515-640x480.jpg

all comment's are welcome and ideas would be much appreciated.

Welcome to ProjP :eek:k:

Thats a clean looking Kat you've picked up there... congrats :thumbs:

Sparx said:
Welcome to ProjP :eek:k:

Thats a clean looking Kat you've picked up there... congrats :thumbs:

cheers buddy :D

yer she is super clean been looked after well by only 1 previous owner

spongebobash said:
Looks v nice what plans u got?

not sure just yet.

i wanna pick a colour scheme but not sure what to go for?

gunna do the basics: lower, black alloys, tinted led lights, gel badges, air filter, exhaust upgrade, strut brace's.

any ideas are welcome.

You dont have to do anything immedietly, drive it, enjoy it, then see what you think needs improving. They are such a fun car to drive as standard, best not to rush into anything. Looks a really nice example, ive always liked the panther black ones.

Agreed take your time, do a survey on it check out any maintenance / service issues first including the cambelt :thumbs:

quest63 said:
Agreed take your time, do a survey on it check out any maintenance / service issues first including the cambelt :thumbs:

it had a full service b4 i bought it and had a cambelt change and 4 brand new tyres aswell.

bobby_zetec-s said:
it had a full service b4 i bought it and had a cambelt change and 4 brand new tyres aswell.
Blimey, you did good then!!

Welcome by the way! :eek:k:

topmansparkie said:
bobby_zetec-s said:
Blimey, you did good then!!

Welcome by the way! :eek:k:

yer i found a proper good one and couldent let it go no way lol!!!

im going out on my first cruz in it next weekend cant wait to open it right up lol.

decided on a colour scheme today after alot of thought lol.

im going for black and lime green.

i have bought a few stickers to put round car including a rear window projectpuma sticker from dmb
and lime green gel badges.

got some lime green hammerite to do calipers and getting my alloys re-sprayed gloss black or mettalic black not sure yet.

also fitting my kenwood cd player in it from my old car at some point as i only have radio atm lol.
and upgrading speakers all round.

think that will be all im doing for the mo till i drive it a bit and enjoy it!!!

i have a lot of young lads round here with shitty 1.2 corsa's with bad boi exhausts thinking they are the nuts lol, so i have bought a sticker for the side window that say's ''Corsa Killer'' plus the bird haha!!!.
and on the other side window i got '' I would rather push this ford than drive a vaxhaul''

i thought these where perfect for when they pull up next to me at light's revving the engines and i leave them in the dust lol.

and the other sticker i got was a lime green '' Zetec inside'' which is going on front of bonnet.

hope you guys like the ideas?

and all comments are welcome.

To be honest, I'm not too sure with some of the ideas you have. The colour scheme could turn out quite nice, but some of the stickers such as 'Corsa Killer' and 'Zetec Inside' have been used to death - plus it may look a little cheap. You're talking about leaving them in the dust at the lights as well? With the type of vinyls and text that you've mentioned to put on your car, you'd blend in with those kind of people - which isn't a good thing.

I mean by all means, if you like it then go for it! But if you're going for a colour scheme and want some vinyl's, try a subtle 'sports' approach to start. Check out Sparx' Puma in the ProjectPuma thread (this one) and take a look how she started hers.

You could even try and photoshop it, or ask someone to do it for you (I can if you like) to see how it'd look before you do it.

thanks buddy!

yer i thought it wuld look a bit tackey but i thought it was funny lol

i havent seen one single puma done up round my area so mine would prob be the first and hopefully stand out.
if you could photoshop my puma would be great!! maybe with just the black alloys and lime green colour scheme?
i still like the idea of the ''Zetec inside'' sticker on bonnet thou and gel badges.

thanks for comment i will take it in.

Agreed not too keen on the carsa killer sticker but can't really say much about the I'd rather push a ford...... one as I have that one on the back of my transit.
Just out of personal taste I would put the wheels in lime green and have the calipers black, but like I say that's just personal preference.
Welcome to the mad house that is Project Puma!

This is my personal preference, but it shows how you can mod it subtly :)

Additions:
- 16" OZ Superturismo WRC Alloys (Pre-owned from £200)
- OEM Mud Flaps (Around £60)
- Lower 40mm (From £100 to £400, depending how you lower)
- Coloured Mirrors (£15. The cost of a spray can, primer & laquer)
- Custom Vinyl (£???)

testri.jpg

It's just a quick photoshop mind, so nothing fantastic!

EDIT: And I've no idea why the Castrol logo is by the petrol cap...

Alreet and welcome along!!

Definately got yoursel a good one there :) enjoy it and modify it how you want! i is your car after all :eek:k:

I did alot of cosmetic stuff to my old Black 1.7, wasn't to everyones taste and only needed to be lowered but didnt get the time before I bought the FRP bt I didnt care. I loved it :D

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=3521&hilit=Black+project" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts

Back